Orca Flash 4 showing up as two half-width channels

Orca Flash 4 showing up as two half-width channels

Noah Young
My Orca Flash 4 v2 is suddenly showing up as two channels, each of half width, instead of a single frame. I was using the 64-bit version 2.0.0-gamma1_20180621. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as well as using the latest nightly gamma.

With 64-bit 2.0.0-beta3_20170803, or using the HCImage software, I see a single channel square frame, but I can't get this to work in the gamma versions anymore.

Noah Young
PhD candidate, Deisseroth Lab
Stanford University

Re: Orca Flash 4 showing up as two half-width channels

Stuurman, Nico
Hi Noah,

> My Orca Flash 4 v2 is suddenly showing up as two channels, each of
> half width, instead of a single frame. I was using the 64-bit version
> 2.0.0-gamma1_20180621. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as
> well as using the latest nightly gamma.

You must have accidentally activated the Splitview plugin.  Go to
Plugins > On-the-fly-processing, select the line with the "Split View"
Processor, and click on the "Remove" button on the right. Alternatively,
deselect the two checkboxes.

Even though you re-install, the preferences are still there, hence
re-installation did not fix the problem.  You can always "wipe" the
preferences by making a new profile (and using that one).

Hope this helps!

Re: Orca Flash 4 showing up as two half-width channels

Noah Young
That was it! Thanks for the prompt reply.

Hi Noah,