Ostec camera

Micro-Manager mailing list
Complete ignoramus here, so type slowly please : )

Just wondering if my simple Ostec microscope eyepiece USB camera can be used at all with Micro-manager. It’s not on the device list. So does that mean I need to go and buy one that is on the list? Or learn to code? (I have the hang of emails, and on a good day I can work my car sat nav, but that’s about my limits tech-wise).

If anyone can give me a quick confirmation that I simply have no option but to buy another camera that’d be a help (but annoying). Would it be cheaper to get someone to create a device adaptor for my existing camera - nothing fancy, I'm just needing it to take a series of Z-stack images

If I need to choose a camera from the device list on MM, is there a basic one worth looking at first? I really don't have particularly demanding requirements

Any help gratefully received
Brian Gardner