PI Controller errors

C.N.McMurray

Hi there at PI,

I am currently using two E-871 PIShift Controllers driving a Q545 stages in fitted on an Olympus microscope using micromanager software. The current setup though technically functional is characterized by continuous error lights in both of the two controllers.

Micromanager GUI has been particularly slow and after further investigating the core logs I have found many of the delays maybe caused by persistent timeout errors from both of theses controllers whenever a VEL? command is used. Although similar errors originate from other commands such as JON? and TPC? these commands are handled by using the ERR? command which gets the response 2 which is denotes (PI_CNTR_UNKNOWN_COMMAND) Unknown command. In the case of the VEL? command the error never seams to be handled

I believe the issue is with the PI drivers and was hoping you could advise me on how to overcome these issues please let me know if you require further information.

Many thanks,

Conor

Re: PI Controller errors

JonD
Administrator
Hi Conor,

C.N.McMurray wrote
> Hi there at PI,
>
> I believe the issue is with the PI drivers and was hoping you could advise
> me on how to overcome these issues please let me know if you require
> further information.

I suggest contacting PI directly instead of hoping someone there watches
this forum.  From the documentation it appears PI has provided device
adapter code for their hardware, so hopefully someone at PI can help.

Jon