Permanently saving state shutter device settings

Permanently saving state shutter device settings

jdhardin
Dear colleagues,

I'm trying to use a State Shutter with our Sutter Lambda 10-2 filter wheels. This feature seems to work if I (a) manually reset the filter wheel assigned to the State Shutter and (b) manually reset the filter wheel state that corresponds to the ClosedPosition. I have to do this using the Device/Property browser. Unfortunately, upon quitting the program these settings are not remembered, and so I have to do this manually each time. I'm sure there is a way to use a startup script to set this up upon startup, but even better, it would be great if the config file saved this information.

If there is something I'm not doing, I'd appreciate help.

Thanks!

Jeff
Jeff Hardin
Professor and Chair, Department of Zoology
Director, Biology Core Curriculum
University of Wisconsin
1117 W. Johnson St.
Madison, WI 53706
voice: (608) 262-9634
fax: (608) 262-7319
email: [hidden email]
web page: http://worms.zoology.wisc.edu

Re: Permanently saving state shutter device settings

Nico Stuurman
Administrator
Hi Jeff,

> I'm trying to use a State Shutter with our Sutter Lambda 10-2 filter wheels. This feature seems to work if I (a) manually reset the filter wheel assigned to the State Shutter and (b) manually reset the filter wheel state that corresponds to the ClosedPosition. I have to do this using the Device/Property browser. Unfortunately, upon quitting the program these settings are not remembered, and so I have to do this manually each time. I'm sure there is a way to use a startup script to set this up upon startup, but even better, it would be great if the config file saved this information.

http://valelab.ucsf.edu/~MM/MMwiki/index.php/Micro-Manager_Configuration_Guide#Startup_Presets

Re: Permanently saving state shutter device settings

pierceno
Hello Jeff, perhaps my previous post will make things clearer. It addresses a similar issue I had with the Arduino shutter.

http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/Clarify-using-Arduino-as-a-shutter-td7578404.html

Re: Permanently saving state shutter device settings

jdhardin
Dear Piercen (and Nico),

Piercen's tip was super helpful! I was able to get it working in seconds after his hint.

The "State Device Shutter" and "State Device" property of the State Device Shutter have spaces in the names (most others use underscores or hyphens), and using the Preset creator in M-M ensured that the syntax was correct in the config file. I would highly recommend this method for others in the future.