Piezo Z stage does not move in Multi-D aquisition MM1.4 : Z-stacks (slices)

Piezo Z stage does not move in Multi-D aquisition MM1.4 : Z-stacks (slices)

SaralaT

Hi everyone,

I seem to be facing an issue with the Multi-D aquisition tool in MM1.4.

The Z Piezo stage moves when I use the Plugins>>Devicecontrols>>Stage control

But when I use the multi-D aquisition, and set the Z-start = -3, Z-end = 3, and Step size = 0.05, the stage does not seem to move. The images are a series of the same position as a stack....

Why does the z-stage not move?

It would be great if any one could please help me! Its been quite a challenge to figure it out...

Best Regards,

Sarala

Re: Piezo Z stage does not move in Multi-D aquisition MM1.4 : Z-stacks (slices)

Matthieu Refregiers
Dear Sarala,
Could you check your default Z-Stage in Tools:DevicePRopertyBrowser ?
I think that your default stage is set to another motor than the piezo’s one.

Matthieu
On 8 Mar 2018, at 12:04, Sarala Neomi Tantirimudalige <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I seem to be facing an issue with the Multi-D aquisition tool in MM1.4.

The Z Piezo stage moves when I use the Plugins>>Devicecontrols>>Stage control

But when I use the multi-D aquisition, and set the Z-start = -3, Z-end = 3, and Step size = 0.05, the stage does not seem to move. The images are a series of the same position as a stack....

Why does the z-stage not move?

It would be great if any one could please help me! Its been quite a challenge to figure it out...

Best Regards,
Sarala

Re: Piezo Z stage does not move in Multi-D aquisition MM1.4 : Z-stacks (slices)

SaralaT

Hi Matthieu,

Could you advise if I need to change anything here...? I don't really know what is wrong here...

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Sarala

Re: Piezo Z stage does not move in Multi-D aquisition MM1.4 : Z-stacks (slices)

SaralaT

Hi Matthieu,

Could you please explain to me how to do this? Right now I see the z stage in the list on device property browser. Is there some setting I need to do or change? I cannot send a screen shot as it is too big for the email...