Piezo stage scanner and photon counting with APD

Piezo stage scanner and photon counting with APD

Micro-Manager mailing list
Hi,

Is anyone using Micromanager to control a piezo stage to raster scan the sample
and acquire images by photon counting (with an APD and DAQ card from NI for instance)?
I can't find any information how to implement photon counting based on a TTL signal from an
arbitrary photon counting module/APD.

Any help in this regard highly appreciated.
Lukasz

Re: Piezo stage scanner and photon counting with APD

AustinBlanco
Hi Lukasz,

Depending on the DAC input range, you may be able to use an Arduino for this, as described here - https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Arduino#DAC_-_Description
Or you may consider using my Triggerscope integrated product, which can adjust a DAC output based on TTL in, and has a full range of voltage outputs - http://www.austinblanco.com/blog/new-triggerscope-3-b-adds-range-spanning-leds-high-current-drive-and-more/

Austin Blanco
Advanced Research Consulting Corporation
e. [hidden email]
w. www.advancedresearch.co