Plugin doesn't get recognized by Micro Manager

Plugin doesn't get recognized by Micro Manager

lightningstorms
Hey everyone,

I was writing a small plugin in Eclipse for mm2. Everything goes well when Im debugging in Eclipse. The project build fine and the plugin shows up in the menu. But as soon as I try to export the roject as a JAR file and put it in the mmplugins folder, it does not show up in the plugins menu. Even in the core logs there is nnot even a mention of it trying to load it. Does anyone have any experience with mm2 plugins?

I'm building it for the 32-bit application of micromanager, this is compiled by a 32 bit java 1.8 JRE with compliance set to 1.6.

I also tried it with Netbeans. Which does get recognized but I get build errors, because there is a difference between syntax in 1.6 awt and 1.7, which would mean I have to rewrite the whole project again.

When looking at my JAR and a Jar that works, they look exactly the same, apart from a manifest file in the root folder.
Jars are almost the same
I can't even get the example plugin to be loaded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Danny

Re: Plugin doesn't get recognized by Micro Manager

Nico Stuurman-2

On 7/13/2017 2:51 AM, lightningstorms wrote:

> I was writing a small plugin in Eclipse for mm2. Everything goes well when
> Im debugging in Eclipse. The project build fine and the plugin shows up in
> the menu. But as soon as I try to export the roject as a JAR file and put it
> in the mmplugins folder, it does not show up in the plugins menu. Even in
> the core logs there is nnot even a mention of it trying to load it. Does
> anyone have any experience with mm2 plugins?
>
> I'm building it for the 32-bit application of micromanager, this is compiled
> by a 32 bit java 1.8 JRE with compliance set to 1.6.
>
> I also tried it with Netbeans. Which does get recognized but I get build
> errors, because there is a difference between syntax in 1.6 awt and 1.7,
> which would mean I have to rewrite the whole project again.

That part confuses me.  If you use 1.7 syntax, then how can you compile
to 1.6 bytecode?  I suspect that you are generate 1.8 bytecode, which is
not loaded by the 1.6 runtime.  You could test this by running
Micro-Manager using a 1.8 jvm (on windows, replace the jre directory
inside the Micro-Manager directory with one containing the 1.8 jre.