PointGrey Color Mode Imagesnap Fails in MM2 gamma

PointGrey Color Mode Imagesnap Fails in MM2 gamma

Peter Braubach

Hi all,

When trying to capture an image in MM 2.0.0 gamma1 (20180803) with an point grey GS3 camera in 32bit color mode no image is returned. There is an image in live mode.

There are some errors in the core log which I do not understand: 2018-08-04T12:57:43.006580 tid13044 [IFO,App] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

(full core log of this session https://pastebin.com/pAsrEEAw).

In MM 2.0.0 beta (beta3 20180120) image capture, live mode and mda works fine in 32bit color mode.

(core log https://pastebin.com/Qqv0Jd8U).

Does somebody know how to approach this issue? Can I be of any help.

Kind regards

Peter

Re: PointGrey Color Mode Imagesnap Fails in MM2 gamma

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Peter,

> When trying to capture an image in MM 2.0.0 gamma1 (20180803) with an
> point grey GS3 camera in 32bit color mode no image is returned. There
> is an image in live mode.
>
> There are some errors in the core log which I do not understand:
> 2018-08-04T12:57:43.006580 tid13044 [IFO,App]
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
>
> (full core log of this session https://pastebin.com/pAsrEEAw
> <https://pastebin.com/pAsrEEAw>).

Try unchecking "Mouse Moves Stage" in the "Tools" menu, and let us know
if that solved the problem.

If you do want to use "Mouse Moves Stage", make sure to update/set the
pixel size configuration.

This particular situation is certainly not handled nicely by the code,
and I'll have a look at it.

On 8/13/18 12:15 PM, Nico Stuurman wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
>> When trying to capture an image in MM 2.0.0 gamma1 (20180803) with an
>> point grey GS3 camera in 32bit color mode no image is returned. There
>> is an image in live mode.
>>
>> There are some errors in the core log which I do not understand:
>> 2018-08-04T12:57:43.006580 tid13044 [IFO,App]
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
>>
>> (full core log of this session https://pastebin.com/pAsrEEAw
>> <https://pastebin.com/pAsrEEAw>).
>>

> Try unchecking "Mouse Moves Stage" in the "Tools" menu, and let us
> know if that solved the problem.
>
> If you do want to use "Mouse Moves Stage", make sure to update/set the
> pixel size configuration.
>
> This particular situation is certainly not handled nicely by the code,
> and I'll have a look at it.

Also, there seem to be quite a few unresolved issues with RGB in 2.0
gamma.  I will have a bit of a look at it, but it does not have high
priority for me.