Prior Opti scan on Mac

otills
Hi, I'm trying to get a Prior Optiscan to run on Mac OS X but so far with no success. According to the OS it is there and listed as a USB-serial and even has details about the stage, however when trying to add it in hardware configuration the port doesn't appear. Can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong.

Similarly I keep getting error messages when trying to use some MM menus.. for example when trying to access hardware configuration.....
"Error: /Applications/Micromanager1.3/conf_intro_page.html (no such file or directory)".. I can click my way past these however would like to know the cause/solution.

Thanks, Oli

Re: Prior Opti scan on Mac

Nico Stuurman
Administrator
Hi Oliver,

> Hi, I'm trying to get a Prior Optiscan to run on Mac OS X but so far with no success. According to the OS it is there and listed as a USB-serial and even has details about the stage, however when trying to add it in hardware configuration the port doesn't appear. Can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong.

I guess you found it somewhere under USB devices?  Even though it says that is a USB-serial device, Mac OS X does not know what to do with it without a driver.  Micro-Manager asks Mac OS  what serial ports it has available, and this one will not be listed unless there is a matching driver installed.  I remember having looked for Mac drivers for these without success.  Your best bet is to ask Prior for a Mac OS X driver, or to connect through your own USB-serial converter if the Prior controller still has a serial connector.

> Similarly I keep getting error messages when trying to use some MM menus.. for example when trying to access hardware configuration.....
> "Error: /Applications/Micromanager1.3/conf_intro_page.html (no such file or directory)".. I can click my way past these however would like to know the cause/solution.

Bad bug due to still working on the code while we were preparing the release.  I put a new version on the website (same version number).  If you download and install the version on the website now it should be gone.