Problem in adding Thorlabs DC4104

luisars
Hi all,

I'm trying to configure a LED controller DC4104 and encountered an error when adding the device as it is not listed. I've tried to the device as a DC4100 as it is very similar, however, it is not recognised by MM.

I searched the forums and Korbinian Kapsner already related this issue in 2013. Apparently, it is a simple name checking error and adding a few lines of coding solves it. However, I do not know anything about programming and do not know where and how to add these lines:

new line 2605:
    if((devName.find("DC4100")) == std::string::npos &&
(devName.find("DC4104")) == std::string::npos && (devName.find("LEDD4"))
== std::string::npos)

Thank you,

Luisa Ribeiro-Silva

Re: Problem in adding Thorlabs DC4104

Nico Stuurman-2

On 3/6/17 11:25 AM, luisars wrote:

> I'm trying to configure a LED controller DC4104 and encountered an error
> when adding the device as it is not listed. I've tried to the device as a
> DC4100 as it is very similar, however, it is not recognised by MM.
>
> I searched the forums and Korbinian Kapsner already related this issue in
> 2013. Apparently, it is a simple name checking error and adding a few lines
> of coding solves it. However, I do not know anything about programming and
> do not know where and how to add these lines:
>
> new line 2605:
>      if((devName.find("DC4100")) == std::string::npos &&
> (devName.find("DC4104")) == std::string::npos && (devName.find("LEDD4"))
> == std::string::npos)

As the thread you quoted also states: this code change has been in the
code base since April 18th, 2013.  The code has been refactored since,
but I still see the same around line 795 in DC4100.cpp in
DeviceAdapters/ThorlabsDCxxxx.

Re: Problem in adding Thorlabs DC4104

luisars
Thank you for your response, Nico.

I've managed to configure the device by changing the baud rate to 115200 in the port properties, without the necessity of an USB to serial port adapter as another post suggested.

Best,

Luisa Ribeiro-Silva