Problem with Ludl XY-stage and MAC5000 controller

Problem with Ludl XY-stage and MAC5000 controller

Hernan Garcia
Hi guys!

I'm trying to move across a long distance on a slide and I'm getting an error XY-stage when the stage is midway to the destination. We're using a Ludl stage with a MAC5000 controller. I'm assuming this is a time out issue, but the error message doesn't state that. The error however, seems to happen always about 5 seconds after we initiate the movement. I tried changing the "timeout" and "delay" in the configuration file according to what was suggested on the wiki and it didn't make any difference. I'm attaching the corelog and configuration file.

Has anybody seen this? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hernan

CoreLog.zip (4K) Download Attachment
test_5-3-10 (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Problem with Ludl XY-stage and MAC5000 controller

Hoover, Karl
Hi Hernan,

Thanks for the clear and succinct description of the trouble with the long moves. I see that you've set the Ludl's device reply timeout to 25 seconds. But probably you've still got the global timeout at 5 seconds, which is the default value. This is accessible in the Property Browser under Core-TimeoutMs. You'll want to set that value to 25000.

Best Regards,
Karl Hoover

________________________________

Re: Problem with Ludl XY-stage and Mac5000 controller

kannan madhusudan
Hi Hernan,
    Did you get the same error if you tried moving the stage for short distances? I was facing the similar problem till sometime back. I used to get the error when i tried moving the stage to its extremes through the XY List. I increased the Answer Timeout value to about 70000 and i stopped getting the error.
   I do not know if this is the corerct workaround for this problem but it worked for me... :)
Thanks
Madhusudan

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 16:02:15 -0700
From: Hernan Garcia <[hidden email]>
Subject: [micro-manager-general] Problem with Ludl XY-stage and
       MAC5000 controller
To: Micro-Manager General
       <[hidden email]>

Hi guys!

I'm trying to move across a long distance on a slide and I'm getting an
error XY-stage when the stage is midway to the destination. We're using a
Ludl stage with a MAC5000 controller. I'm assuming this is a time out issue,
but the error message doesn't state that. The error however, seems to happen
always about 5 seconds after we initiate the movement. I tried changing the
"timeout" and "delay" in the configuration file according to what was
suggested on the wiki and it didn't make any difference. I'm attaching the
corelog and configuration file.

Has anybody seen this? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hernan

Re: Problem with Ludl XY-stage and MAC5000 controller

hggarcia
Hi Karl!

Yeah, that did it. Thanks a lot!

Hernan

Re: Problem with Ludl XY-stage and Mac5000 controller

hggarcia
Hi!

Thanks for your email Actually Karl's suggestion ended up being right on the money. I had forgotten about MM's own timeout

Thanks again,