Problem with andor

CHUMKI CHAKRABORTY
Hi Micromanager community:

I have been trying to set up andor zyla 5.5 with micromanager,it was working well, but then suddenly it stopped working. What happens is if I try to build a new configuration and add the andor sdk3, micromanager crashes. I have tried reloading the andor dll files into micromanager folder, and also have tried to download andor sdk3 package inside micromanager folder, but nothing has worked so far. Kindly help.

Best
Chumki

Re: -|EXT|- Problem with andor

AndorThirdParty

Hi Chumki,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having problems with the camera. I’d like to ask a few questions to understand the issue better.

When you re-installed the SDK3, did you install it to your MicroManager directory? I assume so as it was working before.

Are you using a USB Zyla or a Camera Link Zyla?

Had you updated your MicroManager or SDK3 installation before this problem started?

When you initialise Andor SDK3 it should begin generating a log file in your Temp directory (for example, “C:\Users\user.name\AppData\Local\Temp”). This file will be called atdebug.log. Can you recreate the issue and send me this log file? It may help understand the issue.

MicroManager also generates its own log files in  the “CoreLogs” folder under your MicroManager installation. Could you also send me that log file after MicroManager crashes?

Thank you,

Jack Gaston

Software Engineer

AndorLogo

I have been trying to set up andor zyla 5.5 with micromanager,it was working well, but then suddenly it stopped working. What happens is if I try to build a new configuration and add the andor sdk3, micromanager crashes. I have tried reloading the andor dll files into micromanager folder, and also have tried to download andor sdk3 package inside micromanager folder, but nothing has worked so far. Kindly help.

Best

Chumki

Re: -|EXT|- Problem with andor

CHUMKI CHAKRABORTY

Hi Gaston,

Thank you for your reply.

We re-installed the SDK3 to micromanager directory. In fact, we were using Micromanager1.4. Initially, it was working perfectly with that one. However, once that has started crashing and we switched to micromanager2.0 beta.

Our camera is Camera Link Zyla.

No temp file is generating “C:\Users\user.name\AppData\Local\Temp”.

MicroManager is generating a file on its own log files in  the “CoreLogs"; i have attached that on this email.

Best Regards,

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 6:48 AM, 3rdPartySupport <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

CoreLog20170728T122235_pid184.txt (92K) Download Attachment

Slow Images and low Memory

Karsten Schulz

Hello together,

i have written   an “DeviceDriver” for us Cameras. That work’s after long period of investigation succsessfull.

But the ImageJ +Micromanager capture not only some images, it’s taken most of the available memory (32 Bit version under W10 64Bit)

What can i do  to reduce the usemnet of  free memory.. the captureprocess by large images 3.6K and 5.3K stucks and stop by out of memory.

In Twain/DirectShow and so on it’s possible to got all images with large formats.

Question 1) Give it an Ringbuffer for stacking they i can reduce by config or anthing ?

Question 2) µManager show me more then 100 fps , but the live image comes on with 5Hz or 10 what is wrong (Color image HD) (SourceData lay on with more then 50Hz USB3.0)

Thanks for any Help and best sunny greetings from Berlin

   Karsten

www.FlexxVision.de

Vertreten durch:
Karsten Michael Schulz
Pillnitzer Weg 11
13593 Berlin

Büro/Verwaltung:
+49 (030) 120 102 26
Fax:
+49 (030) 364 044 20
Service:
+49 (0157) 365 623 75

Re: Slow Images and low Memory

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Karsten,

On 7/31/2017 2:39 AM, Karsten Schulz wrote:
i have written   an “DeviceDriver” for us Cameras. That work’s after long period of investigation succsessfull.

But the ImageJ +Micromanager capture not only some images, it’s taken most of the available memory (32 Bit version under W10 64Bit)

Is it not possible to run it in a 64-biti process?   That will make memory management a lot easier.

What can i do  to reduce the usemnet of  free memory.. the captureprocess by large images 3.6K and 5.3K stucks and stop by out of memory.

That is 19 MB per image (if they are only 8-bit, 38MB for 16-bit images, 76MB for color images).

In Twain/DirectShow and so on it’s possible to got all images with large formats.

Question 1) Give it an Ringbuffer for stacking they i can reduce by config or anthing ?

Question 2) µManager show me more then 100 fps , but the live image comes on with 5Hz or 10 what is wrong (Color image HD) (SourceData lay on with more then 50Hz USB3.0)

First of all, Micro-Manager has not been well optimized for color images, and will certainly have problems with images of the size you describe.  If it manages 5-10Hz, then that is about as good as you can expect (the data will go through one or two layers of bit mangling, histograms for each color are calculated, and the final composite image has to be calculates based on brightess/contrast settings).

Memory management takes place at various levels.  First, you need to decide how much memory to assign to ImageJ.  Since the image data live outside of ImageJ (most of the time), you may want to keep that relatively low.  Second, there is a circular buffer that your images go through in between the C++ and Java layers.  You can set its size under Tools > Options.  You want it to fit at least a couple of images, and when you are getting circulat buffer overflow errors, you may want to increase it.  In your 32-bit environment, you may want to keep both the ImageJ and cirecular buffer memory low so that there is space for your images.

Hope this helps!