Problem with startSequenceAcquisition

Zack Schilling
I need to acquire 50 images with a 100ms exposure and 50ms between each exposure. These numbers don't need to be exact, but I'd like something within 10ms.

I'm using the Micromanager core class from Matlab and having a problem using startSequenceAcquisition to acquire the sequence of images. I can acquire images and read them from the circular buffer no problem, but it seems that the interval in milliseconds that I supply is going unused. Instead, the images are acquired as quickly as possible.

I find snapImage in a for loop takes about 210ms per exposure and startSequenceAcquisition takes barely over 100ms per exposure. I appreciate the speed, but unfortunately, I need something in the middle. I need about 150. It seems like the intervalMs argument to startSequenceAcquisition should provide this functionality but it does not.

I tried acquiring the sequence in the Micromanager/Image J interface and I found no way to enter an interval at all. Any suggestions as to what I should do? Thanks.

-Zack Schilling

Re: Problem with startSequenceAcquisition

Nico Stuurman-4
Hi Zack,

> I need to acquire 50 images with a 100ms exposure and 50ms between
> each exposure. These numbers don't need to be exact, but I'd like
> something within 10ms.
>
> I'm using the Micromanager core class from Matlab and having a
> problem using startSequenceAcquisition to acquire the sequence of
> images. I can acquire images and read them from the circular buffer
> no problem, but it seems that the interval in milliseconds that I
> supply is going unused. Instead, the images are acquired as quickly
> as possible.

Problem is that most camera drivers can not implement the intervalMs
property.  We probably should have implemented it as a camera specific
property rather than adding it to the API giving the false hope that
it would actually do something.  As far as I am aware, only the Andor
adapter uses this number.  You can ask your camera vendor to implement
this.