Pt Grey Chameleon3 Camera and Bin 4 not working

Pt Grey Chameleon3 Camera and Bin 4 not working

Karl Bellve-3
Installed a recent nightly of µManager 2.0 (and 1.4) and the Chameleon3 does show up and works with the µManager approved DLL from Pt Grey. Windows 10/64bit.

However, Bin 4 (Mode 5) does not work and reports an error. It does work in Pt. Grey's software; FlyCap2.

Actual Camera Model: CM3-U3-31S4M

Anyone get bin 4 working with the latest Chameleon3 and µManager?

Cheers Karl

Karl Bellvé
Biomedical Imaging group
Molecular Medicine

Re: Pt Grey Chameleon3 Camera and Bin 4 not working

Nico Stuurman-2

On 1/18/18 10:23 AM, Karl Bellve wrote:

> Installed a recent nightly of µManager 2.0 (and 1.4) and the
> Chameleon3 does show up and works with the µManager approved DLL from
> Pt Grey. Windows 10/64bit.
>
> However, Bin 4 (Mode 5) does not work and reports an error. It does
> work in Pt. Grey's software; FlyCap2.
>
> Actual Camera Model: CM3-U3-31S4M
>
> Anyone get bin 4 working with the latest Chameleon3 and µManager?

Mode 5 does not work for me either.  The error is generated on line 1744
of the DeviceAdapter (and comes from the Point Grey driver).  I have no
need for Mode 5 personally, and not inclined to put effort into fixing
this right now, but will happily accept fixes.

Re: Pt Grey Chameleon3 Camera and Bin 4 not working

Avi.Ring

Mode 5 (bin 4) works fine with my colour version of the same Chameleon3, CM3-U3-31S4C.

Bought the camera December 2017

µM recent build 1.4

Avi

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 4:36 PM Nico Stuurman <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 1/18/18 10:23 AM, Karl Bellve wrote:
> Installed a recent nightly of µManager 2.0 (and 1.4) and the
> Chameleon3 does show up and works with the µManager approved DLL from
> Pt Grey. Windows 10/64bit.
>
> However, Bin 4 (Mode 5) does not work and reports an error. It does
> work in Pt. Grey's software; FlyCap2.
>
> Actual Camera Model: CM3-U3-31S4M
>
> Anyone get bin 4 working with the latest Chameleon3 and µManager?

Mode 5 does not work for me either.  The error is generated on line 1744
of the DeviceAdapter (and comes from the Point Grey driver).  I have no
need for Mode 5 personally, and not inclined to put effort into fixing
this right now, but will happily accept fixes.

And Avi reported that it works for his color camera. I will look into it when I get a free moment.

Cheers Karl

Karl Bellvé
Biomedical Imaging Group
Molecular Medicine

Re: Pt Grey Chameleon3 Camera and Bin 4 not working

Avi.Ring

For the color camera: If I start up in one of the monochrome modes, 16 or 8 bit, µM gives an error message when trying to switch to mode 5.

Changing pixel type to RGB then allows a switch to mode 5 (with correct results) and after that I can switch freely between monochrome 16 or 8 bit to  RGB and modes 0,1, and 5 (and it gives the correct binning results). Win 7, 64 bit, µM 1.4 recent build.

Avi Ring

Deptmt Protection

Norwegian Defence Research Est. (ffi.no)

Norway

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 6:56 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

For the color camera: If I start up in one of the monochrome modes, 16 or 8 bit, µM gives an error message when trying to switch to mode 5.

Changing pixel type to RGB then allows a switch to mode 5 (with correct results) and after that I can switch freely between monochrome 16 or 8 bit to  RGB and modes 0,1, and 5 (and it gives the correct binning results). Win 7, 64 bit, µM 1.4 recent build.

Avi Ring

Avi, that is very helpful information.

Currently, I don't have a Windows or Ubuntu development system. Fedora only currently which the pt grey SDK doesn't support. But I think I will set up a windows development system to fix this minor issue.

Cheers Karl

Karl Bellvé
Biomedical Imaging Group
Molecular Medicine