Question - DLL Files

kianago
Hi Micro-Manager,

   I'm looking to configure matlab with micromanager. On this page, it states for #3 to "add the location of all the dll files". However, I cannot find any dll files in micro-manager. Is this step only for Window users perhaps and step #2 is for Mac users?

Thanks!
Kiana Go

--
Class of 2021

Re: Question - DLL Files

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Kiana,

   I'm looking to configure matlab with micromanager. On this page, it states for #3 to "add the location of all the dll files". However, I cannot find any dll files in micro-manager. Is this step only for Window users perhaps and step #2 is for Mac users?

It will be the directory with all the "mmgr_dal_x" files, usually the "Micro-Manager" directory (wherever you dragged it on the Mac).

Re: Question - DLL Files

kianago
In addition, for "Add the location of all the jar files MM installed under plugins\Micro-Manager:", it is only the .jar files under plugins, not mmplugins or other files not in plugins that have .jar?

Thanks!

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 10:52 AM, Kiana Go <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Nico,

     By the "mmgr_dal_x" files, are you referring to all the "libmmgr_dal_x" files? Please see below for the specific images.

Thanks,
Kiana Go

Hi Kiana,

On 6/20/18 11:02 AM, Kiana Go wrote:

>          By the "mmgr_dal_x" files, are you referring to all the
>     "libmmgr_dal_x" files? Please see below for the specific images.

Yes.

> In addition, for "Add the location of all the jar files MM installed
> under plugins\Micro-Manager:", it is only the .jar files under
> plugins, not mmplugins or other files not in plugins that have .jar?
mmPlugins contains Micro-Manager plugins, so you only need to add that
directory if you want to use those.  I am not quite familiar with these
instructions (really no desire to deal with matlab;), but I guess that
you will also need to add ij.jar, which lives in the main Micro-Manager
directory.

best,