Question about Retiga 6000 and Retiga 6

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Question about Retiga 6000 and Retiga 6

Micro-Manager mailing list

I have set up two different MicroManager installations for people with a Retiga 6 on one and a Retiga 6000 on another on Windows 10 computers.


On both systems, 1 x 1 binning of full field does not work.  I am guessing that this is due to the large number of pixels and limitations of the USB bus speed.  I was wondering whether there is a way to set MM to delay between each frame in live mode to allow for full frame 1 x 1 imaging or if there is another way to make this work. 


If not, help would be appreciated with presetting a ROI for imaging field.


Thank you!


Michael Cammer, Sr Research Scientist, DART Microscopy Laboratory

NYU Langone Health, 540 First Avenue, SK2 Microscopy Suite, New York, NY  10016

[hidden email]  http://nyulmc.org/micros  http://microscopynotes.com/

Voice direct only, no text or messages:  1-914-309-3270 and 1-646-501-0567

 



_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question about Retiga 6000 and Retiga 6

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Michael,

> I have set up two different MicroManager installations for people with
> a Retiga 6 on one and a Retiga 6000 on another on Windows 10 computers.
>

Those are Teledyne/Qimaging cameras working through PVCAM?
>
>
> On both systems, 1 x 1 binning of full field does not work. I am
> guessing that this is due to the large number of pixels and
> limitations of the USB bus speed.  I was wondering whether there is a
> way to set MM to delay between each frame in live mode to allow for
> full frame 1 x 1 imaging or if there is another way to make this work.
>

It may be useful to ask Teledyne for support.  They have been very
supportive of Micro-Manager and may be able to give good advice and/or
fix problems when asked.

> If not, help would be appreciated with presetting a ROI for imaging field.
>

I am not sure what you have in mind.  What do you need beyond the usual
graphical tools to set an ROI?


Best,


Nico





_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question about Retiga 6000 and Retiga 6

Micro-Manager mailing list

Thank you.


Teledyne/Qimaging was very helpful with setting up the Retiga 6000 with a version of pvcam specifically for Win10.  Except for this speed issue.


I reached out to you to see if there was any MM issues specifically.  Teledyne/Qimaging gave me some avenues to investigate to troubleshoot.  And I contacted the IT people to see if they installed anything that may be causing a bottleneck, like anti-virus.


What I was thinking for ROI was a preset so that we don;t have to take a snapshot and then draw a ROI.  Like a preset 1200 X 1200 at the center when starting up a configuration.


Thank you again and best regards-


Michael Cammer, Sr Research Scientist, DART Microscopy Laboratory

NYU Langone Health, 540 First Avenue, SK2 Microscopy Suite, New York, NY  10016

[hidden email]  http://nyulmc.org/micros  http://microscopynotes.com/

Voice direct only, no text or messages:  1-914-309-3270 and 1-646-501-0567

 


From: Nico Stuurman <[hidden email]>
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2020 6:33:08 PM
To: Micro-Manager General
Subject: Re: [micro-manager-general] Question about Retiga 6000 and Retiga 6
 
[EXTERNAL]

Hi Michael,

> I have set up two different MicroManager installations for people with
> a Retiga 6 on one and a Retiga 6000 on another on Windows 10 computers.
>

Those are Teledyne/Qimaging cameras working through PVCAM?
>
>
> On both systems, 1 x 1 binning of full field does not work. I am
> guessing that this is due to the large number of pixels and
> limitations of the USB bus speed.  I was wondering whether there is a
> way to set MM to delay between each frame in live mode to allow for
> full frame 1 x 1 imaging or if there is another way to make this work.
>

It may be useful to ask Teledyne for support.  They have been very
supportive of Micro-Manager and may be able to give good advice and/or
fix problems when asked.

> If not, help would be appreciated with presetting a ROI for imaging field.
>

I am not sure what you have in mind.  What do you need beyond the usual
graphical tools to set an ROI?


Best,


Nico





_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.sourceforge.net_lists_listinfo_micro-2Dmanager-2Dgeneral&d=DwIF-g&c=j5oPpO0eBH1iio48DtsedeElZfc04rx3ExJHeIIZuCs&r=hUBj2D5n6oKThx2L01qn8IORZb5f-ruLVXPmQ1zQNnM&m=BYEri-zPot5_PSb2d-7xstmP4A6SC079veCxcP9JNxc&s=KWwwkQVl9mBObQGtxHG74PHhSKN6fYA1obZ2SlU2i2U&e=


_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question about Retiga 6000 and Retiga 6

Nico Stuurman-2
H Michael,

> Teledyne/Qimaging was very helpful with setting up the Retiga 6000
> with a version of pvcam specifically for Win10.  Except for this speed
> issue.
>
>
> I reached out to you to see if there was any MM issues specifically.
> Teledyne/Qimaging gave me some avenues to investigate to
> troubleshoot.  And I contacted the IT people to see if they installed
> anything that may be causing a bottleneck, like anti-virus.
>

Great to hear!  I am not aware of a size-based bottle neck in MM, but
who knows.  Just to clarify, both Snap and Live fail?  One useful test
is to use the Demo configuration and set the size of the Demo camera to
the same as your Retiga (Device/Property Browser). Then test Snap and
Live.  If that does not work, there surely is an issue in MM.  If it
does not work, things get more complicated;)
> What I was thinking for ROI was a preset so that we don;t have to take
> a snapshot and then draw a ROI.  Like a preset 1200 X 1200 at the
> center when starting up a configuration.

Got it.  In 2.0-g you can press the ROI button second from the left. It
will set the ROI to the center quadrant, but you first do need to Snap
an image.  You can write a beanshell script (Tools > Script Editor),
with the line:

mmc.setROI(128, 128, 256, 256);  // x-offset, y-offset, width, height or
ROI

Save the script, the press "Add" in the Script Editor Window.  Click on
Shortcuts, Add, under Action select your script (in the very bottom of
the list), assign a key (such as "R"), and close these windows.  Now,
when you restart MM and press "R", the ROI will be set.  You can avoid
having to press "R" by copying your script into the Micro-Manager
application directory and renaming to "MMStartup.bsh" (note that this
name is set under Tools > Options).

Hope this helps!

Best,



Nico





_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general