Question on Axiocam drivers

Luis AJ Alvarez
Hello All,
I found some posts in the list from back in 2007 stating that it was not possible to get Axiocam drivers for µmanager since Zeiss did not provide an SDK for their camera for third parties. I wanted to know if this is still the case, and if anyone has approach Zeiss to ask them to do the work rather than get the specifications & SDK.
Thanks,

Luis

Luis AJ Alvarez
[hidden email]
Conway Institute
University College Dublin
Belfield
Dublin 4
Ireland

Re: Question on Axiocam drivers

Nico Stuurman
Administrator
Hi Luis,

> I found some posts in the list from back in 2007 stating that it was not possible to get Axiocam drivers for µmanager since Zeiss did not provide an SDK for their camera for third parties. I wanted to know if this is still the case, and if anyone has approach Zeiss to ask them to do the work rather than get the specifications & SDK.

There have been some developments and it seems that some people at Zeiss are quite positive about this request, however, it still has not been granted.  It will be very helpful if you could bring this up to your local Zeiss rep and let him/her escalate this issue to whomever can make a decision.  I'll follow up from my end.