Question regarding configuration setup for PaxCam Camera

Question regarding configuration setup for PaxCam Camera

Jim Vickers

I am trying to get micro-manager to work with a Paxcam2 camera. The camera is stated to be TWAIN compatible.

It is running on a windows XP computer.

I installed the TwainDSM.dll as indicated on the instructions.

I also confirmed that CAP_UICONTROLLABLE is set to true.

In the configuration set-up get the following error:

Error 22

Twain Device Image Acquisition sequence failed. 5 source never signaled. "Transfer Ready" (waited 0.00648607 ms)

When running the configuration, I do get a separate pop-up paxcam window with a live image viewable in the window.

Are there any other drivers or utilities that need to be added other than “Core” and “TwainCam”

Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim Vickers

Re: Question regarding configuration setup for PaxCam Camera

Hoover, Karl
Hi Jim,

It's good to hear you're trying out MicroManger. The TwainAdapter is still a work in progress, we found that each vendor implements  Twain in different ways. Only Leica cameras were found to roughly follow the Twain interface as we read it.  In your example, you see, if the camera reports CAP_UICONTROLLABLE TRUE, then it is NOT supposed to just go ahead and pop up some other UI.

There are some pretty straightforward improvement that could be made to the Twain driver, for example, the implementation should run on it's own thread, then the issue of libraries presenting their own windows wouldn't be as serious. (Although certainly some more strange problems would crop up.)

You'll get better performance from Micro-manager using a camera with native support; there are these days quite a few.

Best Regards,
Karl Hoover

________________________________

Re: Question regarding configuration setup for PaxCam Camera

Jim Vickers
Should I ask the camera provider for the native Twain drivers and load
them into the Micro-Manager?

Jim Vickers, PE
Separation Processes, Inc.
3156 Lionshead Ave. Suite 2