Re: Blue screen crash when using live mode of MM 1.4

Re: Blue screen crash when using live mode of MM 1.4

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Xingbo,

> Hi everyone. My lab uses MM 1.4 to control a Cascade 512B camera with
> the driver PVCAM 2.9.11. Everything works fine (snap image, record
> position,...), but when 'live' button is clicked, a blue screen crash
> of Windows almost always happens. The problem reported by Windows is:
> DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I also try to script live mode in
> Matlab and the same blue screen crash happens when
> startContinuousSequenceAcquisition(0) is executed. No blue screen
> crash is encountered in the demo configuration of MM. Before MM1.4, my
> lab uses Slidebook and no blue screen encountered during live imaging.
> Any idea on what is causing the problem? Many thanks in advance!

Blue screens under Micro-Manager almost invariably are caused by
problems in the driver (blue screens are caused by kernel level code,
and only the drivers act there).

The Cascade 512B is a very old camera, and it is possible that only
certain versions of PVCAM work well with it.  YOu may want to contact
Photometrics/Teledyne to see if they can help (since the camera is
probably >15 years old, you may want to forgive them if they will be
unable to help).

Hope you will get it working!

Re: Blue screen crash when using live mode of MM 1.4

xs254
Hi Nico

Many thanks for narrowing down the source of the problem! I will contact the company to see if they can help.

Yours sincerely
Xingbo