Re: Nikon TE2000 with Micro-Manager

Bruno Afonso
Hi,

We have TE2k and I don't find that setting in the property browser. Unfortunately, when we ask to move 100nm it is moving 200nm confirmed by images and the nikon pad. How can we fix this?

thanks!

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 16:46, Nico Stuurman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Rafiou,

> Thanks. Sorry the missing word in what I wrote before, but what I
> meant was it "does not" correspond to the remote pad z-value gave.

Go to Tools->Device/Property Browser.  Uncheck all checkboxes in the
top left corenr, excpet for 'Show stages'.  Find the 'stepsize-nm'
property (for your focus drive, not the one for the PFS drive).
Remember its value, change to another value, then click 'Refresh' in
the main window and see if the numbers match.  Once they do, leave
things as is.  At the next start of Micro-Manager, the correct
stepsize should be automatically read from the scope.

Bruno Afonso
http://brunoafonso.com (personal, mostly portuguese)
http://openwetware.org/wiki/User:BrunoAfonso (Professional, english)

Re: Nikon TE2000 with Micro-Manager

Nico Stuurman-4
> We have TE2k and I don't find that setting in the property browser.
> Unfortunately, when we ask to move 100nm it is moving 200nm
> confirmed by images and the nikon pad. How can we fix this?

The property is called "FocusStepSize_(nm)" in the current Micro-
Manager version.  If you use the "Z-stage" device, that property
should be present (you should also find the Z-stage-Position
property).  As described in the message you quote, change its value
until the reported z value matches what you see on your Nikon control
pad.

Re: Nikon TE2000 with Micro-Manager

Bruno Afonso
I have a z Position but no FocusStepSize in 1.3.41. Should I enable the "Remote accessory Z-stage?"

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 11:13, Nico Stuurman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We have TE2k and I don't find that setting in the property browser.
> Unfortunately, when we ask to move 100nm it is moving 200nm
> confirmed by images and the nikon pad. How can we fix this?

The property is called "FocusStepSize_(nm)" in the current Micro-
Manager version.  If you use the "Z-stage" device, that property
should be present (you should also find the Z-stage-Position
property).  As described in the message you quote, change its value
until the reported z value matches what you see on your Nikon control
pad.

Bruno Afonso
http://brunoafonso.com (personal, mostly portuguese)
http://openwetware.org/wiki/User:BrunoAfonso (Professional, english)

Re: Nikon TE2000 with Micro-Manager

Nico Stuurman-4
Hi Bruno,

> I have a z Position but no FocusStepSize in 1.3.41.

That was a bug.  The fix should be in the next nightly build that you
can download tomorrow from:

http://valelab.ucsf.edu/~MM/nightlyBuilds/