Re: Synchronization problem Princeton Instruments PIXIS1024B

Re: Synchronization problem Princeton Instruments PIXIS1024B

Hoover, Karl
Hi Scott,

A related issue (dropped frames) has been observed with the PVCAM software used by Photometrics camera which also supports Princeton Instruments cameras. The problem occurred during acquisition of 64x64 images every 4ms.  A software engineer at Photometrics is trying to fix this problem.

If the exposure time is on the order of 1 ms, I see there may be 'race condition' in the logic waiting for the completion of the exposure. There is a means of working around this problem.

What exposure time are you trying to use?

Best Regards,
Karl Hoover

Re: Synchronization problem Princeton Instruments PIXIS1024B

sarifkin
Karl,

Nowhere near that fast.  I have to increase exposure to >150ms in order for the camera to be open when the illumination shutter is open.

Thanks,
Scott