Re: [micro-manager-general] auto-contrast quirk of 1.3.43

Re: [micro-manager-general] auto-contrast quirk of 1.3.43

dpoburko
Hey M-M team,

    I recently upgraded from 1.3.40 (Windows XP 32-bit) to 1.3.43. Everything seems to work fine, but I've come across a quirk in Live mode. In previous builds, I could use Image J's auto and manual contrast adjustments to control the grey scaling of the M-M Live window. No offense, but it always seemed to work better for me than M-M's autostretch. Anyhow, upon switching to M-M 1.3.43, it appears the M-M still responds to Image J's contrast controls for SNAPs and multi-D acuisition windows, but not in Live mode. Was this intentional, or is it a quirk of the new release? Or have I missed a user definable option somewhere?

Thanks,
Damon

--
NSERC post-doctoral fellow

Damon Poburko, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Stanford University School of Medicine
Dept. of Molecular & Cellular Physiology
279 Campus Dr., Beckman B103, Stanford, CA 94305
Ph: 650 725 7564, fax: 650 725 8021

Re: [micro-manager-general] auto-contrast quirk of 1.3.43

Nico Stuurman
Administrator
Hi Damon,

>     I recently upgraded from 1.3.40 (Windows XP 32-bit) to 1.3.43. Everything seems to work fine, but I've come across a quirk in Live mode. In previous builds, I could use Image J's auto and manual contrast adjustments to control the grey scaling of the M-M Live window. No offense, but it always seemed to work better for me than M-M's autostretch. Anyhow, upon switching to M-M 1.3.43, it appears the M-M still responds to Image J's contrast controls for SNAPs and multi-D acuisition windows, but not in Live mode. Was this intentional, or is it a quirk of the new release? Or have I missed a user definable option somewhere?

That is a side-effect of the newly introduced Gamma-slider and will be quite impossible to fix.  Either we have a gamma slider, or ImageJ brightness/contrast control in live mode.  I kinda like that gamma slider....