Re: [micro-manager-general] leica DC350F twain source (duplicate TWAIN sources...)

Re: [micro-manager-general] leica DC350F twain source (duplicate TWAIN sources...)

Hoover, Karl
Hi Stamatis

Your idea to set up duplicate camera descriptions is quite good. I tried it. Each Twain device needs a '.ds' file in the windows\twain_32 directory. Leica provides a software TWAIN camera simulator that always returns the same image. I made a copy of this '.ds' and can see two data sources in a sample TWAIN application. Unfortunately they have exactly the same name (supplied by the .ds) and are therefore difficult to distinguish. And microManager currently only displays one of them. microManager could be improved to allow selection of multiple 'copies' of the same .ds TWAIN driver.

Best Regards,
Karl Hoover