Re: [micro-manager-general] leica DC350F twain source

Re: [micro-manager-general] leica DC350F twain source

Hoover, Karl
Hi Charlotte,
I haven't got the Leica camera anymore, however, I believe if you launch the Leica proprietary application, you will be able to modify the camera image parameters such as image compression. Such vendor-specific settings are not generally accesssible through the TWAIN interface. Currently μManager only supports reading uncompressed images from the camera.

Best Regards,
Karl Hoover

________________________________

feature request: skip a field if PFS cannot lock during time lapse imaging

cail
Dear MM developers:

I would like to request a new feature of MM.

When I do multiple fields (using XY lists) time lapse imaging, I would like to enable automatically focusing (PFS in my case). However, after couple hours of imaging, sometime, one filed just cannot lock the PFS (which might be due to the drifting of Z position beyond the search range of PFS). Then, the entire imaging protocol stalls. I have to manually replace the error field's position and re-start the imaging again. It would be really nice, if MM could skip the error filed and continue its imaging, since each field in the XY lists is independent. With MM 1.3.43a, if MM cannot lock a PFS position during multi-field time lapse imaging, the program popups an error window and doesn't able to continue the imaging.

Another thought to solve the problem is dynamically update the Z position after every lock of PFS.

Thanks a lot.
Sincerely,
Liang

Re: [micro-manager-general] feature request: skip a field if PFS cannot lock during time lapse imaging

Arthur D. Edelstein
Dear Liang,

This feature (PFS error-tolerant MDA) is a good suggestion. We were
just discussing this issue and we plan to add it soon.

I believe we are dynamically updating the Z position to reflect PFS
results as you suggest -- I'm not sure why it doesn't seem to be
working for you. Are you using the latest version of Micro-Manager?

Best regards,
Arthur

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 12:07 PM, cail@rocketmail <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear MM developers:
> I would like to request a new feature of MM.
> When I do multiple fields (using XY lists) time lapse imaging, I would like
> to enable automatically focusing (PFS in my case). However, after couple
> hours of imaging, sometime, one filed just cannot lock the PFS (which might
> be due to the drifting of Z position beyond the search range of PFS). Then,
> the entire imaging protocol stalls. I have to manually replace the error
> field's position and re-start the imaging again. It would be really nice, if
> MM could skip the error filed and continue its imaging, since each field in
> the XY lists is independent. With MM 1.3.43a, if MM cannot lock a PFS
> position during multi-field time lapse imaging, the program popups an error
> window and doesn't able to continue the imaging.
> Another thought to solve the problem is dynamically update the Z position
> after every lock of PFS.
> Thanks a lot.
> Sincerely,
> Liang

> world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for
> Conference
> attendees to learn about information security's most important issues
> through
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev

Re: [micro-manager-general] feature request: skip a field if PFS cannot lock during time lapse imaging

cail
Dear Arthur,
The MM I am using is 1.3.43a.
When the error occurred, I "go to" the position, "live" the field: the focus was definitely off. I had to turn the microscope Z drive to get the range where PFS could lock. Then, "replace" the position and restarted the imaging.
When I am setting up the positions in XY list ("mark"/"replace"), every time PFS locks, I do find the Z position is updated. What I was suggesting is to have this feature during the time lapse imaging. If MM already has it, is there a place I need to click to enable the dynamic Z position update during imaging?
Thank you very much for your time.
Best,
Liang

This feature (PFS error-tolerant MDA) is a good suggestion. We were
just discussing this issue and we plan to add it soon.

I believe we are dynamically updating the Z position to reflect PFS
results as you suggest -- I'm not sure why it doesn't seem to be
working for you. Are you using the latest version of Micro-Manager?

Best regards,
Arthur

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 12:07 PM, cail@rocketmail <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear MM developers:
> I would like to request a new feature of MM.
> When I do multiple fields (using XY lists) time lapse imaging, I would like
> to enable automatically focusing (PFS in my case). However, after couple
> hours of imaging, sometime, one filed just cannot lock the PFS (which might
> be due to the drifting of Z position beyond the search range of PFS). Then,
> the entire imaging protocol stalls. I have to manually replace the error
> field's position and re-start the imaging again. It would be really nice, if
> MM could skip the error filed and continue its imaging, since each field in
> the XY lists is independent. With MM 1.3.43a, if MM cannot lock a PFS
> position during multi-field time lapse imaging, the program popups an error
> window and doesn't able to continue the imaging.
> Another thought to solve the problem is dynamically update the Z position
> after every lock of PFS.
> Thanks a lot.
> Sincerely,
> Liang

> world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for
> Conference
> attendees to learn about information security's most important issues
> through
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev

Re: [micro-manager-general] leica DC350F twain source

S. Pagakis
Hello

we also have this camera, and we have the same problem.  Except Gamma and exposure time, the other parameters such as binning or image size need to be controlled by the Leica software.

What makes it worse is that MM and Leica software can NOT run concurrently, so changing these parameters is a bit painful.

I was wondering whether a number of such "camera descriptions" could be defined to appear as different cameras so that inside MM we could have the option to select a different "camera"  corresponding to different  presets of binning for the 350.

Just an idea for Karl

Regards,

Stamatis

Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 08:37
To: Hoover, Karl

Hi,
We are trying to use micromanager with our leica camera DC350F. We have an error messsage : "error 22", unsupported image compression.
We did not managed to fix this.
Any clue?
Thank you for your help

Stamatis Pagakis Ph.D.

Biological Imaging Unit

Biomedical Research Foundation, Academy of Athens

Soranou Efessiou 4, Athens 115 27 - Greece

M:     +306946644955

W:     +302106597481

FAX: +302106597545

http://www.bioacademy.gr/Faculty/core.php?cr=17