Re: not (yet) supported cameras in micro-manager - general

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: not (yet) supported cameras in micro-manager - general

Hazen Babcock-2
>
> There are now a couple of papers describing single molecule imaging with
> non-scientific CMOS cameras
> (https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/09/09/186544,
> https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-14762-6).
>
There is also this paper describing how to correct the images from an
sCMOS camera:
https://dx.doi.org/doi:10.1038/nmeth.4379

Also, FWIW, in my experience the FLIR GS3-U3-51S5M-C actually has fewer
pixels with extreme variances compared to the Hamamatsu ORCA-Flash4.0
v2. Though the average variance is higher, 2.5e- vs 1.0e- at 50Hz. I can
provide a histogram to anyone who is interested.

best,
-Hazen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: not (yet) supported cameras in micro-manager - general

Nico Stuurman-2


On 12/13/17 9:02 AM, Hazen Babcock wrote:
>>
>> There are now a couple of papers describing single molecule imaging with
>> non-scientific CMOS cameras
>> (https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/09/09/186544,
>> https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-14762-6).
>>
> There is also this paper describing how to correct the images from an
> sCMOS camera:
> https://dx.doi.org/doi:10.1038/nmeth.4379

Cool!  It would be nice to implement this as an "on-the-fly processor"
in Micro-manager.  Quite a bit of work since the original code is
Matlab.  If I only had more time...

> Also, FWIW, in my experience the FLIR GS3-U3-51S5M-C actually has
> fewer pixels with extreme variances compared to the Hamamatsu
> ORCA-Flash4.0 v2. Though the average variance is higher, 2.5e- vs
> 1.0e- at 50Hz. I can provide a histogram to anyone who is interested.

Would be fun to see.  If you do not have an online site yourself, you
are welcome to add it to the Micro-Manager Point Grey page:
https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Point_Grey_Research.


Best,

Nico


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: not (yet) supported cameras in micro-manager - general

Hazen Babcock-2
On 12/13/2017 01:40 PM, Nico Stuurman wrote:
>
>> Also, FWIW, in my experience the FLIR GS3-U3-51S5M-C actually has
>> fewer pixels with extreme variances compared to the Hamamatsu
>> ORCA-Flash4.0 v2. Though the average variance is higher, 2.5e- vs
>> 1.0e- at 50Hz. I can provide a histogram to anyone who is interested.
>
> Would be fun to see.  If you do not have an online site yourself, you
> are welcome to add it to the Micro-Manager Point Grey page:
> https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Point_Grey_Research.

Sure, but apparently I need a 50 word biography to create an account for
the wiki? Or am I doing something wrong? I can't find any other user
biographies to use as templates.

-Hazen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: not (yet) supported cameras in micro-manager - general

Nico Stuurman-2


On 12/13/17 12:21 PM, Hazen Babcock wrote:

> On 12/13/2017 01:40 PM, Nico Stuurman wrote:
>>
>>> Also, FWIW, in my experience the FLIR GS3-U3-51S5M-C actually has
>>> fewer pixels with extreme variances compared to the Hamamatsu
>>> ORCA-Flash4.0 v2. Though the average variance is higher, 2.5e- vs
>>> 1.0e- at 50Hz. I can provide a histogram to anyone who is interested.
>>
>> Would be fun to see.  If you do not have an online site yourself, you
>> are welcome to add it to the Micro-Manager Point Grey page:
>> https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Point_Grey_Research.
>
> Sure, but apparently I need a 50 word biography to create an account
> for the wiki? Or am I doing something wrong? I can't find any other
> user biographies to use as templates.

Sorry for that hurdle.  We have had spam bots creating thousands of
pages pointing to pharmacy websites in the Ukraine, and needed a system
to prevent those from signing up (I ended up paying my kids to help
clicking the delete key, since for whatever reason it was hard to do
mass removal).  So, anything that makes clear that you are you is fine
there (I don't think that the text is visible anywhere else).

Best,

Nico



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: not (yet) supported cameras in micro-manager - general

Geoff Pickford
Hi Nico. 

I tried to post the following but probably got it wrong:

Could someone please help with the following:

PROBLEM 1
I have been using ImageJ’s (Ver 1.51i and r) very useful Plot Profile on a linear series of objects in still images to measure 8-bit gray levels for some time. I recently bought a new camera (AmScope MU503B) so I could do the same analysis on live images using Micromanager (Ver 2.0.0-beta 3 20171122) with its embedded ImageJ (Ver <a href="x-apple-data-detectors://1" dir="ltr" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="calendar-event" x-apple-data-detectors-result="1" style="-webkit-text-decoration-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.258824);">1.49h).
When using MicroManager and ImageJ’s Plot Profile in ‘live’ mode, I have been using the ImageJ cursor to find the base and the peak grey levels (usually 150 and 130 respectively) of the linear objects. However, when I change the focus or change the selected area, the ‘y’ range changes and causes an immediate loss of 1:1 correlation between the cursor values and the corresponding ‘y’ values. For example, the ‘y’ value may be 150, but the cursor is saying it is say 130. The same with the height of any drawn rectangle on the Profile - e.g. the real height (difference in ‘y’ values) may be 10 gray levels, but the cursor is saying it is 3 gray levels depending upon the windows history since making it ‘live’. I have to quit and restart Plot Profile to correct this problem which is then useless if I make any focus or selected area change.
I have tested stand-alone versions of ImageJ (Ver 1.49v, 1.50i, 1.50r) and ImageJ2 (Ver 2.0.0-rc-43/1/1.51r) on still images and any change of the selected area making a major change in the ‘y’ value of the Plot does NOT create the problems listed above - the ‘y’ values and differences are accurately reflected in the cursor values.
Can anyone please assist me in fixing this problem?

PROBLEM 2
When I try to update ImageJ within MicroManager, using the Help/Update menu, the message comes up ‘Release Notes are not in the expected format’. I have located the ImageJ file in the MicroManager Directory but cannot see how to update it directly. Is anyone please able to sort this out and perhaps give me instructions on how to do it?

PROBLEM 3
I am trying to use a Tucsen ISH500 camera with Micromanager but can see any device configurations to do this, even in the Ver 2.0.0-beta 3 20171122.  Does anyone know how to do this please?
Many thanks


Geoff Pickford


Pickford Resources Pty Ltd
<a href="x-apple-data-detectors://3/1" dir="ltr" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="address" x-apple-data-detectors-result="3/1" style="-webkit-text-decoration-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.258824);">PO Box 618, Wollongong, NSW, 2500
Laboratory Fax:  <a href="tel:02%204227%206673" dir="ltr" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="3/2" style="-webkit-text-decoration-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.258824);">02 4227 6673.  Mobile:  <a href="tel:0417%20417%20507" dir="ltr" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="3/3" style="-webkit-text-decoration-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.258824);">0417 417 507

On 14 Dec 2017, at 8:13 am, Nico Stuurman <[hidden email]> wrote:



On 12/13/17 12:21 PM, Hazen Babcock wrote:
On 12/13/2017 01:40 PM, Nico Stuurman wrote:

Also, FWIW, in my experience the FLIR GS3-U3-51S5M-C actually has fewer pixels with extreme variances compared to the Hamamatsu ORCA-Flash4.0 v2. Though the average variance is higher, 2.5e- vs 1.0e- at 50Hz. I can provide a histogram to anyone who is interested.

Would be fun to see.  If you do not have an online site yourself, you are welcome to add it to the Micro-Manager Point Grey page: https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Point_Grey_Research.

Sure, but apparently I need a 50 word biography to create an account for the wiki? Or am I doing something wrong? I can't find any other user biographies to use as templates.

Sorry for that hurdle.  We have had spam bots creating thousands of pages pointing to pharmacy websites in the Ukraine, and needed a system to prevent those from signing up (I ended up paying my kids to help clicking the delete key, since for whatever reason it was hard to do mass removal).  So, anything that makes clear that you are you is fine there (I don't think that the text is visible anywhere else).

Best,

Nico



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: not (yet) supported cameras in micro-manager - general

Hazen Babcock-2
In reply to this post by Nico Stuurman-2
On 12/13/2017 01:40 PM, Nico Stuurman wrote:
>
>> Also, FWIW, in my experience the FLIR GS3-U3-51S5M-C actually has
>> fewer pixels with extreme variances compared to the Hamamatsu
>> ORCA-Flash4.0 v2. Though the average variance is higher, 2.5e- vs
>> 1.0e- at 50Hz. I can provide a histogram to anyone who is interested.
>
> Would be fun to see.  If you do not have an online site yourself, you
> are welcome to add it to the Micro-Manager Point Grey page:
> https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Point_Grey_Research.

I've added the plots to this page.

best,
-Hazen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general