Re: regrading the LUDL single axis stage

Re: regrading the LUDL single axis stage

kannan madhusudan
Dear Nico ,
   Kindly find the answers to your queries below:

(i) First, can Micro-Manager read the position of your single axis stage?
     I would not be able to give yes/no kind of answer for this. If i run the following script:
       String ZStage = mmc.getFocusDevice();
       double manualFocus = mmc.getPosition(ZStage);
    i get random values for the manualFocus. and these values are in the negative.

     Xavier, could you also run a similar script and tell me what kind of values you get? Are u also using the Mac5000 controller?

(ii) Do you see a Z position reported in the bottom of the Main Window?
    Yes

(iii) Then, can Micro-Manager control your Z-stage?
      No.

(iv) Can you acquire a Z- stack using the stage?
     No

(v) When you click on the button to the right of the 'autofocus' button, what autofocus device (if any) is selected?
     JAF(H&P)
      Xavier, do you get the name of your single axis stage if you do the same?

Thanks,
Madhusudan--
+918008529919

Re: regrading the LUDL single axis stage

Francesc Xavier Gómez Coloma
Dear Kannan,

>      Xavier, could you also run a similar script and tell me what
> kind of values you get? Are u also using the Mac5000 controller?

Yes I'm using one MAC5000 with 1 axis (Z) controller working with
ProgRes C3 FireWire cooled camera

> (iv) Can you acquire a Z- stack using the stage?
>      No

I can acquire a Z-Stack pictures with our ProgRes camera without
problems

> (v) When you click on the button to the right of the 'autofocus'
> button, what autofocus device (if any) is selected?
>      JAF(H&P)

I can only use the autofocus If I calibrated the Z-step size well.
Micromanager use for default 0,1 step but we use 0,003 instead of 0,1
and autofocus works well ( slow but well)

>       Xavier, do you get the name of your single axis stage if you
> do the same?

About the "LudlSingleAxisName" on the Hardware configuration wizard, I
must select value "B" instead of Z and the software detects well my
MAC5000.

Best Regards,

F.Xavier