Re: synchronization problem from Dec. 28 - still need help

Re: synchronization problem from Dec. 28 - still need help

Kate Luby-Phelps
Any more help with my synchronization problem posted on Dec. 28? To recap, the camera does not wait until the fluorescence shutter is fully open before capturing. But the fluorescence shutter doesn't show up in the menu at hardware configuration step 6 so I can't introduce a delay. I am using Zeiss Canbus to control an Axioplan 2 motorized stand with built in fluorescence shutter.

Thanks

Kate Luby-Phelps, Ph.D.

Director, Live Cell Imaging Core Facility

Professor, Dept. of Cell Biology

UT Southwestern Medical Center

5323 Harry Hines Blvd.

Room K2.220

Dallas, TX 75390-9039

T: 214-648-0429

F: 214-648-8694

Reply to: [hidden email]

Website: http://www4.utsouthwestern.edu/LiveCellImagingFacility/home.html

Re: synchronization problem from Dec. 28 - still need help

Nico Stuurman
Administrator
Hi Kate,

I send this earlier, but my email apparently did not reach you:

> Any more help with my synchronization problem posted on Dec. 28? To recap, the camera does not wait until the fluorescence shutter is fully open before capturing. But the fluorescence shutter doesn't show up in the menu at hardware configuration step 6 so I can't introduce a delay. I am using Zeiss Canbus to control an Axioplan 2 motorized stand with built in fluorescence shutter.

Could you email me (off-list) a Corelog.txt file (go to the 'Tools'  menu in Micro-Manager and select 'Options...'. Click the 'Clear log  file' button and make sure that the 'Debug log enabled' checkbox is  checked. Now restart Micro-Manager, repeat the steps that cause the  error and find the file 'CoreLog.txt' in your Micro-Manager  directory)?  Our code is interrogating the microscope to ask whether  the shutter is still moving.  Either the microscope is lying, or (more likely since we have never worked with a Zeiss MF Firmware shutter)  there is something going wrong in the communication between Micro- manager and the Zeiss microscope.  Hopefully your Corelog will tell.