SDK3 MMCorePy device adapter problem

Jamie Johnston
Hello MM community,

I have just got a Zyla 5.5 and am having an issue using MMCorePy to control it. Hoping someone can help:

Details:
Windows 7 64bit
Micromanager version 1.4.23.20150820 (64bit)
Andor driver pack 3 inside the µManager folder

With this I can launch Micromanager and control the camera without issue.
The problem comes when I try to use Spyder to control the Zyla.

I am running Spyder 2.7 in Anaconda 64 bit
I am using MMCorePy (Device API version 65, Module API version 10).

When I try to load the device or find available devices, e.g.
import MMCorePy
mmc = MMCorePy.CMMCore()
print mmc.getAvailableDevices(‘AndorSDK3’)

I get the following:
CMMerror: Failed to load device adapter “AndorSDK3” [ “Failed to load module C:\Program Files\Micro-Manager-1.4\mmgr_dal_AndorSDK3.dll” [ the module, or a module it depends upon, could not be found (Windows error: The specified module could not be found.) ] ]

I have no problems using an old Qimaging camera, so am thinking it must be a problem with AndorSDK3.dll, has anyone else run into similar problems and found a solution?

Thanks in advance

Jamie

Re: -|EXT|- Re: SDK3 MMCorePy device adapter problem

Matthew Milford
Jamie,

What working directory does spyder launch in?  It might not be able to find atcore.dll or the other dependencies if not launched from the micromanager directory.

Regards,
Matt

From mobile, excuse any typos.

On 15 Mar 2017, at 22:31, Jamie Johnston <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Matt!

That worked. I had the Micromanager folder on the python path so had assumed that it would find anything in that folder…

Thanks a lot for your help

Regards

Jamie