Scion CFW-1612C with Micro-Manager

cesantin
Hi all,

I am working with a Scion CFW-1612C with Micro-Manager and I am just able to capture and get live images in grayscale.
Do you know if micro-manager does not have yet support for color firewire cameras?

Thanks in advance,
Carlos

Re: Scion CFW-1612C with Micro-Manager

Hoover, Karl
Hi Carlos,

micromanager supports Snap and Live color images in 8 bit per RGB component.

Best Regards
Karl Hoover
UCSF

Re: Scion CFW-1612C with Micro-Manager

Hi Carlos,

> I am working with a Scion CFW-1612C with Micro-Manager and I am just
> able to capture and get live images in grayscale.
> Do you know if micro-manager does not have yet support for color
> firewire cameras?

As Karl wrote, Micro-Manager only has support for 8-bit (per channel)
color in the live/snap window.  It does not yet work with color
cameras in the acquisition modes and it does not yet work with 12-bit
per channel cameras.  As a work around, the programmers as Scion wrote
code to convert color images to gray-scale, so that you are able to
use your camera in Micro-Manager.  This situation will change, but it
will be a while.