Scripting sequence acquisition for QImaging Retiga 2000R camera

Scripting sequence acquisition for QImaging Retiga 2000R camera

Elizabeth Jerison
Hi,

Thanks in advance for your help.

I am trying to write a Beanshell script to trigger stage movements off of the TTL Expose Out pulse from a QImaging Retiga 2000R cooled mono 12-bit camera. (Similar to https://micro-manager.org/w/images/3/3f/MultiFastZStackASI.bsh, except that the hardware is somewhat different and I am taking Z stacks at multiple stage positions.) Sequence/burst acquisition appears to work with this camera from the multi-dimensional acquisition gui. However, when I call mmc.startSequenceAcquisition in the script, I am getting unexpected behavior. First, I am not able to load any of the images from the buffer into the acquisition object. Second, the interval between camera exposures appears to be much shorter when burst acquisition launches from the script vs. the gui. (Based on the TTL out pulse, the exposures appear to be separated by only a few milliseconds when I call mmc.startSequenceAcquisition from the script, which is unexpected because the camera has a maximum frame rate of about 7 frames/second. When run from the gui, there is the expected ~100 ms between frames.)

In the core logs, both running from the gui and from the script I get the following two lines:

2018-07-28T19:20:36.194104 tid16604 [dbg,Core] Will start sequence acquisition from default camera
2018-07-28T19:20:36.215105 tid16604 [dbg,Core] Did start sequence acquisition from default camera

However, when sequence acquisition starts from the gui, I also get a number of other messages, including:

2018-07-28T17:43:05.921099 tid19056 [dbg,App] [AE] collecting image(s)
2018-07-28T17:43:05.932098 tid13568 [dbg,App] [AE] waiting for burst image with timeout 20500.0 ms
2018-07-28T17:43:11.329032 tid19056 [dbg,App] [AE] burst-cleanup

Any help figuring out how to implement this properly would be appreciated!

I am running the camera off of the QCam device adapter in micromanager (v. 1.4.22 7/12/2018 nightly build, 64 bit Windows).

Thanks,

Elizabeth