Set AndorLaserCombiner DOUT as shutter?

Sam Dundon
Our transmitted light (halogen lamp) shutter is controlled via the AndorLaserCombiner-DOUT5 property. Is there any way to specify this as a shutter? I have attempted to set it up through the Utilities > State Device Shutter, as mentioned in other threads. However, this does not appear as an option under "State Device" in the Device Property Browser.

In the meantime, our workaround is having alternative presets with DOUT5 set at 0 or 1, but it would be more convenient to actually be able to control this as a "real" shutter.

Thank you in advance,
Sam

Re: Set AndorLaserCombiner DOUT as shutter?

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Sam,

On 5/18/17 7:41 AM, sdundon wrote:
> Our transmitted light (halogen lamp) shutter is controlled via the
> AndorLaserCombiner-DOUT5 property. Is there any way to specify this as a
> shutter? I have attempted to set it up through the Utilities > State Device
> Shutter, as mentioned in other threads. However, this does not appear as an
> option under "State Device" in the Device Property Browser.
>
> In the meantime, our workaround is having alternative presets with DOUT5 set
> at 0 or 1, but it would be more convenient to actually be able to control
> this as a "real" shutter.

Looking at the code, it appears that DOUT5 is just a property, i.e. not
part of the shutter logic.  To make this appear as a shutter for MM, we
would need a Property->Shutter utility.  Such a utility is probably easy
to code (much harder to explain!).  If anyone wants to have a stab at
it, please do go ahead.