Setting up AxioCam MR

Noah Levine-Small
Hi All,

I successfully managed to setup my Zeiss Examiner Z1 microscope with micro-manager but have been unsuccessful at getting the AxioCam MRm ver 3 camera to be detected by MM. I receive a camera not found message when I try to add it to the configuration. The camera drivers seem properly installed and the camera works from within Axiovision.

Can anyone offer any general suggestions on how to troubleshoot this problem?

Thank you,
Noah Levine-Small
Prof. Egert Lab
Bernstein Center Freiburg &
Biomicrotechnology, Dept. of Microsystems Engineering
Faculty of Engineering
Georges-Köhler-Allee 102
79110 Freiburg i.Br.
Tel:                +49-(0)761-203-7521
Cell Phone:    +49-(0)157-31-65-90-21
Cell Phone 2: +33-(0)602-53-01-95

Re: Setting up AxioCam MR

bengyori
Hi All,

I am having the same problem with an AxioCam HRc camera. The camera works with AxioVision (v4.3) but Micro-Manager (v1.4.13) cannot detect it.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Benjamin

Re: Setting up AxioCam MR

pdsykes
This post was updated on .
I am having the same problem with an HRm.  I get a message saying camera not found and then micro-manager crashes.  I am using the latest nightly build.  Are there any special drivers that need to be installed for the camera to be recognised.

The camera is connected to the PC using the proprietary fibre optic link if that makes any difference?

Thanks,
Paul

Re: Setting up AxioCam HR

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Paul and Benjamin,

> I am having the same problem with an HRc.  I get a message saying camera not found and then micro-manager crashes.

Thanks for letting us know that the AxioCamHR does not work for you.  We are currently waiting for a loaner camera and plan on fixing issues with this camera by the end of the month.

Re: Setting up AxioCam HR

pdsykes
Hi Nico,

That's great news, let me know if I can do anything to help test.

Best wishes,
Paul

On 5 Feb 2013, at 00:43, Nico Stuurman-2 [via Micro-Manager] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Paul and Benjamin,

> I am having the same problem with an HRc.  I get a message saying camera not found and then micro-manager crashes.

Thanks for letting us know that the AxioCamHR does not work for you.  We are currently waiting for a loaner camera and plan on fixing issues with this camera by the end of the month.

http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/Setting-up-AxioCam-MR-tp7579208p7579313.html
To unsubscribe from Setting up AxioCam MR, click here.
NAML

Ben

Re: Setting up AxioCam MR

Ben
Hi All,

I'm also having trouble connecting MM to an Zeiss Axiocam 105.  Similar to others, the camera is installed and can run in the Zeiss software (Zen), however MM cannot find the camera.  Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Setting up AxioCam MR

Nico Stuurman-2

Hi Ben,

I'm also having trouble connecting MM to an Zeiss Axiocam 105.  Similar to
others, the camera is installed and can run in the Zeiss software (Zen),
however MM cannot find the camera.  Any help would be appreciated.

I don't see that model listed on the support page: https://micro-manager.org/wiki/AxioCam.  It most likely is not supported by Micro-Manager but could be if someone would write the needed "Device Adapter" code.

Re: Setting up AxioCam MR

Ben Harrison
Hi Nico,

Thanks for your reply.  I got to the connection problem in MM when I used the Hardware Configuration Wizard (see attached screenshot).  In the "Available Devices" I found "AxioCam", and tried that.  I then got the message (shown on screenshot): "Error in device "Zeiss AxioCam": No Camera error: AxioCam not found! Please check cabling and power supply of the AxioCam (105)".  I don't know if this means that MM could support the 105 or not although I also saw that the 105 was not specifically listed among the cameras that were supported.  Unfortunately, I do not have another camera to test any further.

Ben Harrison, PhD
UW Pathology
1959 NE Pacific St
Box 357470
Seattle, WA 98195

On Mon, 12 Sep 2016, Nico Stuurman wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>

> I'm also having trouble connecting MM to an Zeiss Axiocam 105.  Similar to
> others, the camera is installed and can run in the Zeiss software (Zen),
> however MM cannot find the camera.  Any help would be appreciated.
>

> I don't see that model listed on the support page: https://micro-manager.org/wiki/AxioCam.  It most likely is not supported by
> Micro-Manager but could be if someone would write the needed "Device Adapter" code.
>
> Best,
>

> Nico

Zeiss Axiocam 105 Connection Problem.jpg (423K) Download Attachment

Re: Setting up AxioCam MR

oligi
Hi Ben,

Did you finaly manage to connect Micro Manager with your Axiocam? I am having the same problem as you.