Sharing serial port between stage classes

Sharing serial port between stage classes

Kaspar Emanuel

Hi all,

I am currently looking at writing stage adapters for the OpenFlexure 3d-printed microscope. We use a small Arduino-like board with USB serial, called Sangaboard, to control 3 stepper motors to move in 3 axes. I know that the stage classes in Micromanager are split into an XY (CXYStageBase) and a Z class (CStageBase).

How would people recommend sharing a serial port for all 3 axes? Has it been done in any existing device adapter?

Cheers,

Kaspar

Re: Sharing serial port between stage classes

m.losen

Hi Kaspar

I am currently looking at writing stage adapters for the OpenFlexure 3d-printed microscope. We use a small Arduino-like board with USB serial, called Sangaboard, to control 3 stepper motors to move in 3 axes. I know that the stage classes in Micromanager are split into an XY (CXYStageBase) and a Z class (CStageBase).

How would people recommend sharing a serial port for all 3 axes? Has it been done in any existing device adapter?

This is a quite common combination for stages and then the device adapters use a “Hub”. A Hub is also used for example if an external controller is connected to various devices.

Examples that I know of are the stage controllers from Ludl and Marzhauser.

Also the demo devices (such as the demo camera and the demo filterturret) use a Hub to combine them.

For programming there are detailed instructions on this page:

https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Building_Micro-Manager_Device_Adapters#Complex_device_management:_writing_Hub_adapters

Greetings,

Mario

回复: Sharing serial port between stage classes

严程
Hi,
      I'm working on a similar hub adapter controlling 3 stepper motors, coming across following problem.

I output each function procedure log, after I load the config file, the log show that the function DetectInstalledDevices() doesn't run at all, why?
And then I click the JoyStick button, it gives the above infomation, can you help me ?

Re: : Sharing serial port between stage classes

Nico Stuurman-2
On 12/10/19 6:19 AM, 严程 wrote:
> Hi,
>       I'm working on a similar hub adapter controlling 3 stepper
> motors, coming across following problem.
>
> I output each function procedure log, after I load the config file,
> the log show that the function DetectInstalledDevices() doesn't run at
> all, why?
> And then I click the JoyStick button, it gives the above infomation,
> can you help me ?

Can you post your config file?

Is it possible that you did not click the "Peripherals" button in Step 2
of the Hardware configuration wizard after adding your hub device?  It
sure looks like you did not add any stages to your configuarion.