Shut down script

Benjamin T
Hi,

Does anyone know how to make a "Shut down script" ? I am try to make MM to execute certain action when it is closed.

Thanks and regards,
Ben

Re: Shut down script

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Ben,

> Does anyone know how to make a "Shut down script" ? I am try to make
> MM to execute certain action when it is closed.

There is no "shutdown" equivalent of a startup script.  What kind of
action do you need to be executed?  Anything you can do with properties
(in which case you can make a System > Shutdown group)?

Re: Shut down script

Benjamin T
Hi Nico,

Thanks for your reply.

For example, I am trying to make the stage(XY) position and focus (Z) to a "default" position every time the system Startup and Shutdown.

It looks like that these settings do not appear in the properties group.

I know that MM execute the System > Shutdown group as it quit, so I was hoping it can execute something else too.

Best,
Ben

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 4:53 AM, Nico Stuurman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ben,

Does anyone know how to make a "Shut down script" ? I am try to make MM to execute certain action when it is closed.

There is no "shutdown" equivalent of a startup script.  What kind of action do you need to be executed?  Anything you can do with properties (in which case you can make a System > Shutdown group)?

Re: Shut down script

julou
Fairly straightforward (and even documented but in the config guide rather
than in the user guide)
https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Micro-Manager_Configuration_Guide#Startup_Presets

-----
Thomas Julou  |  Computational & Systems Biology  |  Biozentrum – University of Basel  |  Klingelbergstrasse 50/70 CH-4056 Basel  |  +41 (0)61 267 16 21

Thomas Julou  |  Computational & Systems Biology  |  Biozentrum – University of Basel  |  Klingelbergstrasse 50/70 CH-4056 Basel  |  +41 (0)61 267 16 21

Re: Shut down script

JonD
Benjamin T wrote
> Does anyone know how to make a "Shut down script" ? I am try to make MM to
> execute certain action when it is closed.

Not that I'm aware of.  A quick glance at the code doesn't show anything
like that either.

However, you can define a "Shutdown" configuration of the "System" group as
described at
https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Micro-Manager_Configuration_Guide#Startup_Presets.
If what you are doing can be done by setting some device properties then
that should do the trick.

Jon

Jon Daniels
Applied Scientific Instrumentation