SmarActHCU-3D device Adapter Not available

SmarActHCU-3D device Adapter Not available

Raaz  Lion
Hi everyone

I’m new to micromanager, so it’s very likely I’m just missing something. But as I tried for a while now I’ll ask anyways and hope for your help :)

I’m trying to set up a SmarAct xy stage. Our stage is connected via a HCU controller, which is connectedto the PC via USB.
Therefore I’d like to add the device via the Hardware configuration wizard. But although the smaract hcu seems to have a device adapter (https://micro-manager.org/wiki/SmarActHCU-3D) I can’t find it in the wizard.

Thank you in advance and have nice evening!
Best,

Lion

Re: SmarActHCU-3D device Adapter Not available

JDeschamps
Hi Raaz,

Are you using Micro-Manager 2, and if so, which version?

The alpha and beta 2.0.0 versions linked on the website
(https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Version_2.0) don't have the SmarAct device
adapter. But the nightly built does (for windows:
https://valelab4.ucsf.edu/~MM/nightlyBuilds/2.0.0-beta/Windows/). Try it
out!

best,
Joran

Re: SmarActHCU-3D device Adapter Not available

Raaz  Lion
Hi Joran,

thanks a lot for your answer. with the nightly build i could create a new configuration and add the stage.
the first few times i tried to add it in the hardware wizard, micromanager always crashed. a day later it worked when i tried to show the problem to a colleague.
now I’m looking forward to be able to add the stage to our current setting on a different computer...

thanks a lot for your help! I'll  keep you updated if everything works out fine.

best,
lion