Sorry to ask here, but is Open Imaging in business? I can't seem to get a response from them.

Sorry to ask here, but is Open Imaging in business? I can't seem to get a response from them.

jackprune
Do they exist anymore?

I requested a quote and emailed them too -no response yet.

Anybody know what's up?

Thanks.

Re: Sorry to ask here, but is Open Imaging in business? I can't seem to get a response from them.

julou
Thank you so much for asking!
You're certainly not the only one to wonder :(

Along the same line, the status of MM2 development is getting really
worrisome (even  Nico Stuurman said he stopped using it
<http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/Nikon-Ti2-microscope-tp7588730p7588738.html>
!!).

From what I got offline a while ago, it was not (yet) a money problem…
Nico, Mark, it would feel so much better if you communicated a bit more
openly. Please.

-----
Thomas Julou  |  Computational & Systems Biology  |  Biozentrum – University of Basel  |  Klingelbergstrasse 50/70 CH-4056 Basel  |  +41 (0)61 267 16 21

Thomas Julou  |  Computational & Systems Biology  |  Biozentrum – University of Basel  |  Klingelbergstrasse 50/70 CH-4056 Basel  |  +41 (0)61 267 16 21

Re: Sorry to ask here, but is Open Imaging in business? I can't seem to get a response from them.

Kyle Douglass
Hi all,

I noticed that Mark is a scheduled speaker at the mini-symposium for
software design in microscopy at QBI 2018 in Göttingen. The title of his
talk is "Design Approaches to Micro-Manager."

http://quantitativebioimaging.com/specialsessions/software/

If you're attending, I think that it would be a good chance to to hear
directly from him about how the project is going.

Cheers,

Kyle

--
Kyle M. Douglass, PhD
Post-doctoral researcher

Re: Sorry to ask here, but is Open Imaging in business? I can't seem to get a response from them.

Hi all (and sorry Thomas, for the previous private email, that
from-field change is confusing..)

On 11/5/17 10:45 PM, julou wrote:

> Along the same line, the status of MM2 development is getting really
> worrisome (even  Nico Stuurman said he stopped using it
> <http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/Nikon-Ti2-microscope-tp7588730p7588738.html>
>
> !!).

Some updates there:

- Mark started a branch to fix the underlying issues with 2.0,
necessitating minor changes to the API
(https://github.com/marktsuchida/micro-manager/tree/viewer)
- I forked that branch, wired up missing components, probably destroyed
some of the nice things Mark put in in the mean time, but more or less
got a working version
(https://github.com/nicost/micro-manager/tree/NSViewer). I opened a Pull
Request on Mark's branch, and hopefully that will help speed up a
working/stable version 2.0
- I forked my own NSViewer branch
(https://github.com/nicost/micro-manager/tree/ViewerPlusCV), bumped the
Java version to 1.8, and am working now on making my ClearVolume code
working in it.  My plan is to build a distributable from this branch,
basically for use in our own lab, but I'll be happy to share with anyone
interested.

This is all a bit more messy than I like things to be, but I am afraid
that is currently the best I can come up with.

Micro-Manager 2.0 update

Nico Stuurman-2
Hello all,

I have been working a bit on the side on the Micro-Manager 2.0 code,
using the strategy I described earlier (copied below).  To keep things a
bit clear, I named this "2.0-gamma".  2.0-gamma uses Java 8, should fix
most of the problems in 2.0-beta, and it includes the ClearVolume-based
3D viewer (i.e., you can open a 3D viewer on the same data visible in
the standard viewer). The api has changed slightly from the api in
2.0beta, but adaptation of existing plugin or script code should not be
very difficult (and I'll be happy to assist if problems arise).

So, if you are interested in giving this a go, please download 2.0-gamma
from:

https://valelab4.ucsf.edu/~MM/nightlyBuilds/2.0.0-gamma/

Please note that the file saving format changed somewhat (sorry, not my
choice), and I am not sure if files saved with 2.0gamma can be read with
older versions (please test).  Also, I worked quite a bit on opening
older datasets, but things like channel color are often not read in
correctly, and other problems may exist.

Feel free to provide feedback, either here, or on github:
https://github.com/nicost/micro-manager/commits/ViewerPlusCV.

Hopefully this will be just a temporary release and Open Imaging will
soon release its own version (which will likely contain most of the
2.0gamma code).