StageControl bind to Keyboard

Ken Jiiii
Hello,
I wanted to know whether it is somehow possible to use the Stage Control plug-in not only with the GUI but also with the arrows on the keyboard. I tried to use the same command which is used in StageControlFrame.java in a Beanshell script but it does not work.
Could someone give me advice?
Thanks!!!
Regards

Re: StageControl bind to Keyboard

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Ken,
I wanted to know whether it is somehow possible to use the Stage Control plug-in not only with the GUI but also with the arrows on the keyboard.
Does this:

https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Micro-Manager_User's_Guide#Interactive_Stage_Movements

no longer work?

Re: StageControl bind to Keyboard

Ken Jiiii
Hello Nico,
No unfortunately not. But maybe it is also because I have tried it with my cheap camera which is not detected by the OpenCVGrabber so I had no live image. For a quick test I used the demo camera with a live image but it wasn't working either.
I was just wondering whether there is a quick way to do this with a Beanshell script. I mean with a proper camera and live image it should work I guess with the Interactive Stage Movements.
Regards

Hi Ken,
I wanted to know whether it is somehow possible to use the Stage Control plug-in not only with the GUI but also with the arrows on the keyboard.
Does this:

no longer work?

Re: StageControl bind to Keyboard

pforsche
We are having the same problem controlling our XY stage with the keyboard using MM v2.1 beta. "Hand moves mouse" does not work either.   Does the live window need to have the focus for this to work? Maybe there is something we simple are missing?
PF

Re: StageControl bind to Keyboard

Mark Tsuchida-2
Hi Paul,

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 10:00 AM, pforsche <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We are having the same problem controlling our XY stage with the keyboard
> using MM v2.1 beta. "Hand moves mouse" does not work either.   Does the live
> window need to have the focus for this to work? Maybe there is something we
> simple are missing?

You need to have the ImageJ hand tool to be selected. Then, dragging
should work and double-clicking should move that point to the center.

You won't see anything unless Live is running (or you manually snap a
new image), since the mouse action only moves the stage and does not
update the image on its own.

And yes, this currently only works with the Snap/Live window (not
Albums or MDA images).

Also, if the stage moves in the wrong direction, you may need to tweak
some configurations.
(The "Transpose*" properties.)

Best,
Mark

Re: StageControl bind to Keyboard

julou
Hi,
I dig out this old thread since I'm in the process of upgrading our 2 setups
to MM2-gamma (using the nightly builds). Is it still possible to move the
stage with arrow keys when the live window is active and "mouse moves stage"
enabled?

I got all configs in place, the stage control window working well when I
click the arrow buttons and mouse moves stage working as well as expected.
However, hitting arrow keys does not move the stage. So I start wondering
whether the feature was disabled in MM2... all the more so as the
corresponding help section has been removed.
https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Micro-Manager_User%27s_Guide#Interactive_Stage_Movements
https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Version_2.0_Users_Guide#Stage_Position_List

Is there any straightforward way to achieve the same behaviour? using custom
shortcuts?
Otherwise any chance it could be put back in place? (we use it heavily for
setting up any experiment...)

Thank you very much. Best,
Thomas

--
Thomas Julou  |  Computational & Systems Biology  |  Biozentrum – University
of Basel  |  Klingelbergstrasse 50/70 CH-4056 Basel  |  +41 (0)61 267 16 21

-----
Thomas Julou  |  Computational & Systems Biology  |  Biozentrum – University of Basel  |  Klingelbergstrasse 50/70 CH-4056 Basel  |  +41 (0)61 267 16 21

Thomas Julou  |  Computational & Systems Biology  |  Biozentrum – University of Basel  |  Klingelbergstrasse 50/70 CH-4056 Basel  |  +41 (0)61 267 16 21

Re: StageControl bind to Keyboard

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Thomas,

> I dig out this old thread since I'm in the process of upgrading our 2 setups
> to MM2-gamma (using the nightly builds). Is it still possible to move the
> stage with arrow keys when the live window is active and "mouse moves stage"
> enabled?
>
> I got all configs in place, the stage control window working well when I
> click the arrow buttons and mouse moves stage working as well as expected.
> However, hitting arrow keys does not move the stage. So I start wondering
> whether the feature was disabled in MM2... all the more so as the
> corresponding help section has been removed.

Not so much "explicitly removed", more "a by-product of extensive
refactoring, and not restored yet, since nobody brought it up or
seriously looked at it".

Most of the code is still there, it is not hooked up, and needs some
updating of the internals.  Since you brought it up, I'll look at it soon.

Re: StageControl bind to Keyboard

julou
Hi Nico,

This is a gentle reminder :)
It'd be really great to have it back sooner than later…

Let us know if we can help (e.g. testing…). Thank you very much.

Best,
Thomas

-----
Thomas Julou  |  Computational & Systems Biology  |  Biozentrum – University of Basel  |  Klingelbergstrasse 50/70 CH-4056 Basel  |  +41 (0)61 267 16 21

Thomas Julou  |  Computational & Systems Biology  |  Biozentrum – University of Basel  |  Klingelbergstrasse 50/70 CH-4056 Basel  |  +41 (0)61 267 16 21

Re: StageControl bind to Keyboard

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Thomas,
> This is a gentle reminder :)
> It'd be really great to have it back sooner than later…
>
> Let us know if we can help (e.g. testing…). Thank you very much.

I looked into it;)  See:
https://github.com/micro-manager/micro-manager/issues/698

I'll talk about a strategy with Mark, once we agree on what it should
be, I think the coding should be straight forward.  Also, your thoughts
about UI (for instance, should this be coupled with the Stage Control
Plugin, and if so, how?) will be appreciated.  If possible, at Github,
but I can also copy from here.