Sutter Lambda DG-4

Normand Leblanc

Hi,

I am trying to use Micro-Manager to control the Sutter Lambda DG-4 shutter.  I have looked at most posts and couldn’t see anything that would help me. The Sutter software to communicate with the device works fine so there is no communication problem. That software is too limited for what I want to do.   I was able to send the ”238” command to the serial port COM1 and switch the DG-4 to SERIAL.  When using the Hardware configuration wizard, I can add the DG-4 and Micro-Manager says OK after selecting the COM1 port.  In one of the next few menus where you can “Read” or “Reset” the device, I see nothing. I tried to left and right click everywhere but nothing happens. Is this normal? My ultimate is to use Micro-Manager to perform rapid dual excitation of Fura-2 Ca imaging. Somebody had written a script for that and posted it on the forum but the hyperlink is broken. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Norm

Normand Leblanc, Ph.D.

Professor of Pharmacology

University of Nevada Reno School of Medicine

Manville Health Sciences Building, Room 9D

Mail Stop 318

1664 North Virginia

Reno, NV 89557-0318

Work Phone: 775-784-1420

Cell Phone: 775-741-1645

Fax: 775-784-1620

Email: [hidden email]

Re: Sutter Lambda DG-4

Knecht, David
We have our Lambda DG-4 set up as you describe to do Fura-2 ratio imaging.  I am traveling at present, but I suggest calling Sutter.  Their technical support staff is excellent and helped us through setting up Micro-manager when we did this years ago.  Dave

Dr. David Knecht
Professor , Department of Molecular and Cell Biology
University of Connecticut
91 N. Eagleville Rd.
U-3125
Storrs, CT 06269-3125