Thorlabs DCxxxx

Meagher, Robert
I'm a new-ish user of ┬Ámanager (version 1.3.45, with Vista).  I am trying to automate my Thorlabs 4-color LED driver (DC4100, although see below).  I see that an adapter for the DCxxxx family was written as of version 1.3.41.  However when I run the hardware configuration wizard, I don't see an option for a Thorlabs LED driver.  There's a Thorlabs Shutter and Thorlabs Filter Wheel, but no LED.  The MicroManager directory has DLL files there for ThorlabsSC10 and ThorlabsFilterWheel.  Should I be expecting to see a DLL file for the DCxxxx - something like "mmgr_dal_ThorlabsDCxxxx.dll"?

Nominally my LED drivers is model number LEDD4, which has been "superceded" by DC4100.  I am checking with Thorlabs to verify this, but they appear to be the identical product, just different catalog number and perhaps updated firmware.

Thanks,
Robert

Re: Thorlabs DCxxxx

Hoover, Karl
Hi Robert,

Indeed, the adapter was missing from the Windows build
If you have a chance please try the latest 'nightly build'

http://valelab.ucsf.edu/~MM/nightlyBuilds/1.3/Windows/MMSetup_1.3.45_20100415.exe

The adapter is in there now.

Best Regards,
Karl Hoover

Re: Thorlabs DCxxxx

Meagher, Robert
Thanks Karl, the adapter is there now and the LED driver works along with my camera and stage.

Meanwhile Thorlabs confirms that the LEDD4 and DC4100 are identical, just revised catalog numbers, in case any future visitors to the list wonder about that.

Regards,