Thorlabs mfc-1 Z stage control

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Thorlabs mfc-1 Z stage control

Molly Ann Mosher

Hi all,


Attempting to use the Thorlabs mfc-1 controller to move my stage in the Z-axis. However, when trying to control the stage via MM it will freeze. It seems to work well with the Thorlabs software though...


Thanks,

Molly


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Thorlabs mfc-1 Z stage control

Vincent Maioli
On 28/06/2017 14:36, Molly Ann Mosher wrote:

Hi all,

Attempting to use the Thorlabs mfc-1 controller to move my stage in the Z-axis. However, when trying to control the stage via MM it will freeze. It seems to work well with the Thorlabs software though...

Thanks,

Molly

Hello,

I have just tried it on my machine, using the last nightly 32-bit version  with TMCLWrapperRS232.dll , and I don't seem to have any problem. Maybe you could give more details on your configuration? (micro-manager version, operating system...)

Incidentally, TMCLWrapperRS232.dll  is not available anymore at the address pointed at by https://micro-manager.org/wiki/ThorlabsMFC1.
I found my version at the bottom of that page:
https://www.trinamic.com/support/help-center/discontinued-products/discontinued-details/tmcm-610/

Best regards,

--
Vincent


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Thorlabs mfc-1 Z stage control

Molly Ann Mosher

Hi Vincent,


Sorry I should've mentioned that in the last email, but forgot. I'm operating MM 1.4 on a Windows 10. And yes that is where we found the wrapper too. 


Specifically what happens is that I can load the stage in the configuration window normally. However if I then try to use MM to move the stage, it will not respond the first time, then the program will freeze the second time you try to move the stage.


Molly


From: Vincent Maioli <[hidden email]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 10:09:15 AM
To: [hidden email]; Molly Ann Mosher
Subject: Re: [micro-manager-general] Thorlabs mfc-1 Z stage control
 
On 28/06/2017 14:36, Molly Ann Mosher wrote:

Hi all,

Attempting to use the Thorlabs mfc-1 controller to move my stage in the Z-axis. However, when trying to control the stage via MM it will freeze. It seems to work well with the Thorlabs software though...

Thanks,

Molly

Hello,

I have just tried it on my machine, using the last nightly 32-bit version  with TMCLWrapperRS232.dll , and I don't seem to have any problem. Maybe you could give more details on your configuration? (micro-manager version, operating system...)

Incidentally, TMCLWrapperRS232.dll  is not available anymore at the address pointed at by https://micro-manager.org/wiki/ThorlabsMFC1.
I found my version at the bottom of that page:
https://www.trinamic.com/support/help-center/discontinued-products/discontinued-details/tmcm-610/

Best regards,

--
Vincent


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Thorlabs mfc1 Z stage control

Vincent Maioli

Hi,


I've just tested with my windows 10 laptop with the latest 32bit nightly and the same TMCLWrapperRS232.dll, and it worked...


When you say you try to move the stage, is it with the Stage Control plugin or by recording a position and then moving back to it in the Position List window? (Both worked in my case but who knows...)


Best,


--

Vincent


On 28/06/2017 19:10, Molly Ann Mosher wrote:

Hi Vincent,


Sorry I should've mentioned that in the last email, but forgot. I'm operating MM 1.4 on a Windows 10. And yes that is where we found the wrapper too. 


Specifically what happens is that I can load the stage in the configuration window normally. However if I then try to use MM to move the stage, it will not respond the first time, then the program will freeze the second time you try to move the stage.


Molly


From: Vincent Maioli [hidden email]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 10:09:15 AM
To: [hidden email]; Molly Ann Mosher
Subject: Re: [micro-manager-general] Thorlabs mfc-1 Z stage control
 
On 28/06/2017 14:36, Molly Ann Mosher wrote:

Hi all,

Attempting to use the Thorlabs mfc-1 controller to move my stage in the Z-axis. However, when trying to control the stage via MM it will freeze. It seems to work well with the Thorlabs software though...

Thanks,

Molly

Hello,

I have just tried it on my machine, using the last nightly 32-bit version  with TMCLWrapperRS232.dll , and I don't seem to have any problem. Maybe you could give more details on your configuration? (micro-manager version, operating system...)

Incidentally, TMCLWrapperRS232.dll  is not available anymore at the address pointed at by https://micro-manager.org/wiki/ThorlabsMFC1.
I found my version at the bottom of that page:
https://www.trinamic.com/support/help-center/discontinued-products/discontinued-details/tmcm-610/

Best regards,

--
Vincent



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Thorlabs mfc1 Z stage control

Molly Ann Mosher

It is the stage control plug-in. Will try the nightly build in the meantime, but it didn't work on that version on another computer we tried...


Molly


From: Vincent Maioli <[hidden email]>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2017 11:40:49 AM
To: Molly Ann Mosher; [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [micro-manager-general] Thorlabs mfc1 Z stage control
 

Hi,


I've just tested with my windows 10 laptop with the latest 32bit nightly and the same TMCLWrapperRS232.dll, and it worked...


When you say you try to move the stage, is it with the Stage Control plugin or by recording a position and then moving back to it in the Position List window? (Both worked in my case but who knows...)


Best,


--

Vincent


On 28/06/2017 19:10, Molly Ann Mosher wrote:

Hi Vincent,


Sorry I should've mentioned that in the last email, but forgot. I'm operating MM 1.4 on a Windows 10. And yes that is where we found the wrapper too. 


Specifically what happens is that I can load the stage in the configuration window normally. However if I then try to use MM to move the stage, it will not respond the first time, then the program will freeze the second time you try to move the stage.


Molly


From: Vincent Maioli [hidden email]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 10:09:15 AM
To: [hidden email]; Molly Ann Mosher
Subject: Re: [micro-manager-general] Thorlabs mfc-1 Z stage control
 
On 28/06/2017 14:36, Molly Ann Mosher wrote:

Hi all,

Attempting to use the Thorlabs mfc-1 controller to move my stage in the Z-axis. However, when trying to control the stage via MM it will freeze. It seems to work well with the Thorlabs software though...

Thanks,

Molly

Hello,

I have just tried it on my machine, using the last nightly 32-bit version  with TMCLWrapperRS232.dll , and I don't seem to have any problem. Maybe you could give more details on your configuration? (micro-manager version, operating system...)

Incidentally, TMCLWrapperRS232.dll  is not available anymore at the address pointed at by https://micro-manager.org/wiki/ThorlabsMFC1.
I found my version at the bottom of that page:
https://www.trinamic.com/support/help-center/discontinued-products/discontinued-details/tmcm-610/

Best regards,

--
Vincent



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Loading...