Ti intensilight control

Tsengming Chou
Ti intensilight control Is anyone use Ti with Intensilight?  We had the system just installed.  Based on the current configuration, Intensilight is controlled by Ti Control software via the Ti Hub.  Therefore, the hardware is connected from Intensilight to Ti Hub (via serial connection) and Ti Hub to computer (via USB).  No problem of controlling Intensilight via Ti Control program.

While trying to add Nikon Intensilight into MM, hardware configuration wizard ask for the selection of the COM port which is not the way the computer interface to the intensilight in our case.  What should I do in order to setup the intensilight in MM?

Alex
Dr. Tsengming (Alex) Chou
Staff Scientist
Laboratory for Multiscale Imaging (LMSI)
Stevens Institute of Technology

(work) +1-201-216-5258
(lab)  +1-201-216-8310
(cell) +1-646-460-7253
(email) Tseng-ming.Chou@...

Re: Ti intensilight control

Nico Stuurman-4
Hi Alex,

Is anyone use Ti with Intensilight?  We had the system just installed.  Based on the current configuration, Intensilight is controlled by Ti Control software via the Ti Hub.  Therefore, the hardware is connected from Intensilight to Ti Hub (via serial connection) and Ti Hub to computer (via USB).  No problem of controlling Intensilight via Ti Control program.

While trying to add Nikon Intensilight into MM, hardware configuration wizard ask for the selection of the COM port which is not the way the computer interface to the intensilight in our case.  What should I do in order to setup the intensilight in MM?

Take the serial connection to the Intensilight out of the Ti Hub and connect it directly to a serial port in your computer.

We have only recently become aware that the Intensilight can be controlled through the TI and have not yet implemented this feature in Micro-Manager.  Since the work-around is so straight forward, I am not sure when we will write the code (however, since you bring it up we will add it to the todo list).