TiE Objective Nosepiece labels

Chris O'Connell

Dear list,

I’m installing/changing positions of objective lenses on our TiE.  After programming the objective in the Remote Control Pad (Ti-RCP) and restarting the PC, micro-manger still shows the old objective labels in the Device Property Browser.  Where is it pulling the TiNosePiece Name labels from?  I thought it was reading them from what was programmed into the RCP, but apparently not.

Chris O’Connell, PhD

Director, Advanced Light Microscopy Facility

University of Connecticut

Department of Physiology & Neurobiology

75 North Eagleville Road, U-3156

Storrs, CT 06269-3156

Office: 860-486-3271

[hidden email]

www.confocal.uconn.edu

Re: TiE Objective Nosepiece labels

Brian Teague
Do you also have Nikon Elements installed?  Perhaps you can try changing
the configuration there, and see if it's reflected in MicroManager?

IIRC, MicroManager doesn't communicate direction with the Nikon
hardware, but rather with a little server process.  I assume that's the
program whose configuration info you need to change.

-brian

On 09/11/2017 09:56 AM, O'Connell, Christopher wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I’m installing/changing positions of objective lenses on our TiE.  After
> programming the objective in the Remote Control Pad (Ti-RCP) and
> restarting the PC, micro-manger still shows the old objective labels in
> the Device Property Browser.  Where is it pulling the TiNosePiece Name
> labels from?  I thought it was reading them from what was programmed
> into the RCP, but apparently not.
>
> *Chris O’Connell, PhD*
>
> Director, Advanced Light Microscopy Facility
>
> University of Connecticut
>
> Department of Physiology & Neurobiology
>
> 75 North Eagleville Road, U-3156
>
> Storrs, CT 06269-3156
>
> Office: 860-486-3271
>
> [hidden email]
>
> www.confocal.uconn.edu

Brian Teague
[hidden email]
Weiss Group, Synthetic Biology Center @ MIT

Do you also have Nikon Elements installed?  Perhaps you can try changing the configuration there, and see if it's reflected in MicroManager?

IIRC, MicroManager doesn't communicate direction with the Nikon hardware, but rather with a little server process.  I assume that's the program whose configuration info you need to change.

-brian

On 09/11/2017 09:56 AM, O'Connell, Christopher wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I'm installing/changing positions of objective lenses on our TiE.
> After programming the objective in the Remote Control Pad (Ti-RCP) and
> restarting the PC, micro-manger still shows the old objective labels
> in the Device Property Browser.  Where is it pulling the TiNosePiece
> Name labels from?  I thought it was reading them from what was
> programmed into the RCP, but apparently not.
>
> *Chris O'Connell, PhD*
>
> Director, Advanced Light Microscopy Facility
>
> University of Connecticut
>
> Department of Physiology & Neurobiology
>
> 75 North Eagleville Road, U-3156
>
> Storrs, CT 06269-3156
>
> Office: 860-486-3271
>
> [hidden email]
>
> www.confocal.uconn.edu

Brian Teague
[hidden email]
Weiss Group, Synthetic Biology Center @ MIT

Re: TiE Objective Nosepiece labels

Nico Stuurman-2

On 9/11/17 8:57 AM, O'Connell, Christopher wrote:
> Actually, I found it after playing for a while.  Need to go into the
> hardware configuration wizard and select "Read" for that parameter and
> then it pulls what is programmed in the RCP.

Perfect!  Background:  Micro-Manager stores the configuration and labels
in its own "configuration file".  So, whenever you load that
configuration file, you use its objective labels.  Micro-Manager can
read the data from the microscope, but does not do so automatically.
You have to go into the Hardware Configuration Wizard to update the labels.