Transferring data array from device adapter to Micro-Manager

Transferring data array from device adapter to Micro-Manager

Mahesh Kakuturu
Hi,

Currently I am accessing device adapter variables as properties. Is there a way I can get array of data points from my device adapter.

Also, can anyone point me to find the event catcher in MM java code when device adapter properties are changed like Update properties called from device.

Really appreciate your prompt response in this regard.
Thanks in advance.

--
Best Regards,
Mahesh Kakuturu

Re: Transferring data array from device adapter to Micro-Manager

Nico Stuurman-2

On 4/6/2017 12:09 PM, Mahesh Kakuturu wrote:
> Currently I am accessing device adapter variables as properties. Is
> there a way I can get array of data points from my device adapter.

Multiple techniques have been used to do so (encoding in a string, or
setting a number and then setting the values in sequence come to mind).
I vaguely remember that the Arduino adapter had code to so. Since there
is no pre-defined array type property, any way that you combine values
is fair game.

> Also, can anyone point me to find the event catcher in MM java code
> when device adapter properties are changed like Update properties
> called from device.

MMCore/CoreCallback.cpp

Maybe you mean the Java code?  1.4 or 2.0?

Re: Transferring data array from device adapter to Micro-Manager

Mahesh Kakuturu
Hi Nico,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion on data array. combining data might do the trick.

Regarding event callback, seems I have to call OnPropertiesChanged() from my device adapter to catch a method onPropertiesChanged(PropertiesChangedEvent event) defined in MMStudio.java file. is this right?

Thanks,
Mahesh.