Trouble Getting Plugin to Work in MM2.0-gamma

Trouble Getting Plugin to Work in MM2.0-gamma

Anya Greenberg
Hi everyone,

I am new to MicroManager and am trying to write a plugin that will take in a list of pixel coordinates from an image and move the microscope stage to those positions as needed. The plugin works when I launch MM from Eclipse. But when I try to export the program as a jar and put it in the mmplugins folder then launch MM2.0-gamma, the plugin doesn't show up in the menu. I assume I'm doing missing something in the export. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Anya

Re: Trouble Getting Plugin to Work in MM2.0-gamma

Stuurman, Nico
Hi Anya,

> I am new to MicroManager and am trying to write a plugin that will
> take in a list of pixel coordinates from an image and move the
> microscope stage to those positions as needed. The plugin works when I
> launch MM from Eclipse. But when I try to export the program as a jar
> and put it in the mmplugins folder then launch MM2.0-gamma, the plugin
> doesn't show up in the menu. I assume I'm doing missing something in
> the export. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

It should be possible to build a plugin from an IDE, but I have not done
so myself.  There are many reasons why it does not work as expected, you
may get a clue by looking at the Corelog file of a failed attempt to
load your plugin (or run MM in an IDE, and get the output directly).

I have one MM plugin that I build as an external project.  I noticed
that I ended up writing an old fashioned Makefile for it
(https://github.com/nicost/mnfinder/tree/mm2-gamma/MicroNuclei), but
pretty sure that I can also use the version compiled by Netbeans.

It may be easier to copy your code into the plugin directory of MM
source and have ant build the plugin for you along with all the other code.

The good thing is that once you have this working, it will continue to
work;)