Trouble adding andor camera on ubuntu system

Trouble adding andor camera on ubuntu system

Willie Tobin
Hello,

I am trying to use MicroManager 1.4 installed on a machine running Ubuntu 14.04 to control an Andor Zyla 5.5 10-tap. I have installed Andor SDK3 (ver 3.13.3) in the micromanager home directory and followed the directions laid out here. The SDK3/bitflow driver installation seems to have run successfully, I can see the Zyla when I run Andor's listdevices example program and acquire images from it with the example image program.

However, when I open MM and start the hardware configuration wizard AndorSDK3 is listed as unavailable in the Available Device list. In the terminal I used to open MM I can see the following error when the HW wizard is opened:

2017-10-10T15:51:27.739279 tid139864736524032 [IFO,App] Error: Unable to load AndorSDK3 library: Failed to load device adapter "AndorSDK3" [ Failed to load module "/usr/local/ImageJ/libmmgr_dal_AndorSDK3.so.0" [ /usr/local/ImageJ/libmmgr_dal_AndorSDK3.so.0: undefined symbol: _ZTV32TBooleanPropertyWithPoiseControl ] ]

Any help in understanding what this error means and how to fix the problem would be greatly appreciated.

-Willie Tobin

Re: -|EXT|- Trouble adding andor camera on ubuntu system

AndorThirdParty

Hello Willie,

I checked on my machine that I can connect with a Zyla 5.5 10-tap in MicroManager. I am working in Windows 7 though. I’ll work on getting setup with a Linux system to investigate if this is a Linux-only issue.

I used the nightly build of MicroManager from 24.09.2017. I also installed the latest driver pack – 3.13.30034.0 (installing the SDK3 rather than the driver pack should also work). What versions did you use?

Could you let me know the serial number of your camera?

The error indicates that MicroManager is unable to find the mmgr_dal_AndorSDK3.so file. It may be that a slash is missing in the search path – is your mmgr_dal_AndorSDK3.so in "/usr/local/ImageJ/lib/”? Are you seeing this error for any other libraries?

Thanks,

Jack Gaston

Software Engineer

AndorLogo

Re: Trouble adding andor camera on ubuntu system

Hi Willie,

On 10/10/17 1:12 PM, Willie Tobin wrote:

> I am trying to use MicroManager 1.4 installed on a machine running
> Ubuntu 14.04 to control an Andor Zyla 5.5 10-tap. I have installed
> Andor SDK3 (ver 3.13.3) in the micromanager home directory and
> followed the directions laid out here
> <https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Andor_SDK3#Linux_Installation>. The
> SDK3/bitflow driver installation seems to have run successfully, I can
> see the Zyla when I run Andor's listdevices example program and
> acquire images from it with the example image program.
>
> However, when I open MM and start the hardware configuration wizard
> AndorSDK3 is listed as unavailable in the Available Device list. In
> the terminal I used to open MM I can see the following error when the
> HW wizard is opened:
>
> 2017-10-10T15:51:27.739279 tid139864736524032 [IFO,App] Error: Unable
> to load AndorSDK3 library: Failed to load device adapter "AndorSDK3" [
> Failed to load module "/usr/local/ImageJ/libmmgr_dal_AndorSDK3.so.0" [
> /usr/local/ImageJ/libmmgr_dal_AndorSDK3.so.0: undefined symbol:
> _ZTV32TBooleanPropertyWithPoiseControl ] ]

Regretfully, Micro-Manager's Unix builds do not detect errors upfront,
and most people only test on Windows, so if you run hardware on linux,
you very well may be the one to detect Micro-Manager build issues.  I
looked at the build files and found that a few source files were not
included in the build (these have to be specified in the Makefile.am
file).  I added the missing ones.  Can you check out the current version
of the subversion repository and test?

Re: Trouble adding andor camera on ubuntu system

Willie Tobin
Nico,

That worked, I can now create a config file for the zyla using the hardware
configuration wizard.

Thanks!

-Willie