Two Hamamatsu DCAM Cameras (ORCA-ER)

abasu
Hello!

Thanks to the help of the micromanager community, I was able to get
micromanager working with my scope.

Now the issue is installing two Hamamatsu cameras.  I have two ORCA-ER
cameras, and am trying to install both using HamamatsuHam adapter.  Both are
connected to a dual port firewire card.

The first camera installs fine, but the 2nd one fails with the error message
Error in device "HamamatsuHam_DCAM-1": Native module failed to load (6)

Any thoughts as to why this might happen?

Thanks in advance for your help!
AB

Screen shots below:
(First one works fine)
<http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/file/t397005/snip0.png>

(2nd one fails)
<http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/file/t397005/snip1.png>

Re: Two Hamamatsu DCAM Cameras (ORCA-ER)

Amit Cherian
I had the same issue. Say we have two cameras with serial number 4 and 5. The solution I found to this was to have the camera with higher serial number (5) switched off. Add the first camera. Switch on camera 5. Add the second camera.

For some reason the dcam adapter sees the camera that has a higher serial number and once that is added it is masked from the serially lower camera. Starnge but that is what I understand.

Let me know if this solution works for you as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong too

Happy imaging!

Amit

On 15-Dec-2017 2:44 AM, "abasu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dear Amit,

I will try that and let you know! Very kind of you to share your knowledge.
This is a quirk I certainly would never have considered.

Best regards,
AB

Re: Two Hamamatsu DCAM Cameras (ORCA-ER)

abasu
Hi Amit (and everyone else),

I tried what you suggested.  Now I get a different error when I try to add
the 2nd camera:

Error in device "HamamatsuHam_DCAM-1": (Error message unavailable) (40)

Screenshot attached.
<http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/file/t397005/Capture.png>

Any thoughts?

I should note that I am able to access both cameras one at a time; the only
problem happens when I try to add both of them.   I also tested another
software HCImage Live.  That software is also able to access both cameras
without a problem.

Best,
Amar