Unexplained blackness

otills
Hi, I have successfully managed to set up a Prior Optiscan stage and Pike 421 camera running on a mac today, however have come across a random problem.

I succesfully managed to get several MD acquisitions run, however now for some reason the camera will not display a live view (the picture is black) despite it being able to acquire. Now when it does acquire the system seems to struggle as a result with MM becoming unstable.. all this despite running trouble free before. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this problem would be gratefully received.

Thanks, Oli

Re: Unexplained blackness

otills
Hi, I have made some progress with this. When trying to use MD acquisition I get an XY stage error message. This is something I've encountered before and overcome by using the nightly build made in response to this question http://n2.nabble.com/error-while-trying-to-add-Prior-XY-stage-td4256138.html#a4256386 This solves all the problems and the error message dissapeared however I now get problems with the camera. Is it possible to do whatever has been done in this nightly build to the current version of MM?

Many thanks, Oli

Hi, I have successfully managed to set up a Prior Optiscan stage and Pike 421 camera running on a mac today, however have come across a random problem.

I succesfully managed to get several MD acquisitions run, however now for some reason the camera will not display a live view (the picture is black) despite it being able to acquire. Now when it does acquire the system seems to struggle as a result with MM becoming unstable.. all this despite running trouble free before. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this problem would be gratefully received.

Thanks, Oli

Re: Unexplained blackness

Nico Stuurman
Administrator
> Hi, I have made some progress with this. When trying to use MD acquisition I get an XY stage error message. This is something I've encountered before and overcome by using the nightly build made in response to this question http://n2.nabble.com/error-while-trying-to-add-Prior-XY-stage-td4256138.html#a4256386 This solves all the problems and the error message dissapeared however I now get problems with the camera. Is it possible to do whatever has been done in this nightly build to the current version of MM?

The code fix that you are referring to is included in 1.3.45.  If you still get stage errors in 1.3.45, then you need to send us off-list  a Corelog.txt in debug mode of a session in which you experienced that problem.

If you are currently running a nightly build from early January, then there is a chance that libdc1394 was not build correctly in that distribution.  Let's make it work with the latest code.