User metadata specified in Hardware Config

User metadata specified in Hardware Config

nanthony
I would like to add a few custom fields of metadata that I would like to have
saved with every image saved by micromanager. Is there a known way that I
can add my own metadata fields to a user profile or hardware configuration?

--Nick

Re: User metadata specified in Hardware Config

Stuurman, Nico
On 1/18/19 2:46 PM, nanthony wrote:
> I would like to add a few custom fields of metadata that I would like to have
> saved with every image saved by micromanager. Is there a known way that I
> can add my own metadata fields to a user profile or hardware configuration?

I can think of two approaches:
- Create a device adapter for this purpose.  Set its properties to the
values you want saved in the StartUp configuration
- Investigate the Comments fields.  These have not been maintained well,
and I do not know if they currently work as intended.  In principle, it
should be possible to programmatically populate these.