VMM-D1 configuration

Hee-Kyung Kim

Dear,

I am trying to configure Vincent shutter (VMM-D1) through RS232 com port into the micromanager. I have photometrics ccd cameras already configured and working with micromanger, but the shutter.  I finished the hardware configuration wizard and the shutter does not response to the micromanager. I get the following error message when I click the device on Property brower.

Exception occured: error code: 22
Vincent D-1
Device vincent D-1. Error code 10004 (2714hex)

Please help me with soving this problem.

Thanks,

Heekyung

Hee-Kyung Kim
Department of Chemistry
UC Berkeley
Office: 510-642-1440
Lab:    510-423-5166

Re: VMM-D1 configuration

John Oreopoulos
Hello Heekyung,

The first thing to remember when using Vincent shutter systems is
that they require a "Null-modem" serial cable as opposed to a regular
serial cable (see the online Vincent manual). I believe two of the
connector pins are switched on a Null-modem cable and this might lead
to the error you described below. I was able to purchase such a cable
at our university book store. If it is not the cable, then the next
potential source of error is the addressing of the shutter control
box which on some models can be accessed with a switch dial on the
back of the box. You have to make sure the address selected in MM and
on the box match.

Please do let us know if one of these fixes the problem.

John Oreopoulos

On 11-Jan-10, at 4:52 PM, Hee-Kyung Kim wrote:

> Dear,
>
> I am trying to configure Vincent shutter (VMM-D1) through RS232 com
> port into the micromanager. I have photometrics ccd cameras already
> configured and working with micromanger, but the shutter.  I
> finished the hardware configuration wizard and the shutter does not
> response to the micromanager. I get the following error message
> when I click the device on Property brower.
>
> Exception occured: error code: 22
> Vincent D-1
> Device vincent D-1. Error code 10004 (2714hex)
>
> Please help me with soving this problem.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Heekyung

> Hee-Kyung Kim
> Department of Chemistry
> UC Berkeley
> Office: 510-642-1440
> Lab:    510-423-5166
> A streamlined, 14 day to market process makes app distribution fast
> and easy
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/verizon-dev2dev

Re: VMM-D1 configuration

Hee-Kyung Kim
Dear mm team,

Even with a num modem cable and the matched address on the box to MM, I have the problem. What would it be?
I have a RS232 PCI card providing me 8 com ports, and I tried all 8 com ports just in case I am using a wrong one. doesn't help.
Please let me know any suggestion!

Best,
Heekyung