Windows 10 Home edition acceptable for MM 2.0 Gamma?

Windows 10 Home edition acceptable for MM 2.0 Gamma?

AustinBlanco
I’ve got a Gamma system installed wherein I ket a ton of crash errors for Java in the program folder. Each error shows NTDLL as the source
The computer happens to be an x64 Win10 Home edition install.
Could the Home vs. Pro install difference be the cause?
Behavior I’m seeing is preferences related, e.g. calibrations don’t want to work, settings changes don’t seem to apply, things like this.

# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_152-b16) (build 1.8.0_152-b16)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.152-b16 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [ntdll.dll+0x12503]

Austin Blanco

Re: Windows 10 Home edition acceptable for MM 2.0 Gamma?

Stuurman, Nico
Hi Austin,

On 5/21/2019 6:07 PM, Austin wrote:
> I’ve got a Gamma system installed wherein I ket a ton of crash errors
> for Java in the program folder. Each error shows NTDLL as the source
> The computer happens to be an x64 Win10 Home edition install.
> Could the Home vs. Pro install difference be the cause?
> Behavior I’m seeing is preferences related, e.g. calibrations don’t
> want to work, settings changes don’t seem to apply, things like this.

Haven't used Windows 10 Home in a couple of years, but don't remember
issues like you describe.

Preferences/Profiles are stored in
~/AppData/Local/Micro-Manager/UserProfiles.  Worth checking if those
files are written as expected.  You could try exchanging the Java
version for a newer one (we should probably update to a newer 1.8
version - preferably OpenJDK).  Other than that, I have no ideas...